NGD

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

bfitz
Orange Expert

NGD

Post by bfitz » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:45 pm

On Saturday a buddy of mine and I went on the hunt for some deals and after being disappointed in what was supposed to be a clear out sale we went up to the only vintage guitar shop in Dublin

I took this thing down ...

And then traded in my Baja Tele and my old MIM Strat for it with a few Euro's on top

Its a 1993 LP Standard and it is bangin! Not usually a fan of EMG's but thru an AD15 he had in the shop it sounded class, I couldn't leave it behind!

Delighted!

Orange AD30
Groove Tubes Soul-O 75
Orange PPC 212 OB
Boss Nextone 40
Fender CIJ Pink Paisley Tele
Fender Classic Player Strat 50s
Yamaha SA1200s
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Jnr

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: NGD

Post by Les Paul Lover » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:46 pm

bfitz wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:45 pm
On Saturday a buddy of mine and I went on the hunt for some deals and after being disappointed in what was supposed to be a clear out sale we went up to the only vintage guitar shop in Dublin

I took this thing down ...

And then traded in my Baja Tele and my old MIM Strat for it with a few Euro's on top

Its a 1993 LP Standard and it is bangin! Not usually a fan of EMG's but thru an AD15 he had in the shop it sounded class, I couldn't leave it behind!

Delighted!

Well...... trust me, the AD15 makes anything (good) soind great!!!!

Very nice guitar. Those old LPs are attracted rather high prices lately, so it sounds like you got a good deal too!

It looks so nice in all black!!!!

I prefer zebra bobbins or nickel covers, but with emg, that's not an option (or is it?).

How does it sound through your TT?
By the way, if the price on his AD15 is reasonable, I'd consider that.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

bfitz
Orange Expert

Re: NGD

Post by bfitz » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:12 am

Its a tad higher output than I'm used to for sure and with the TT its definitely hard to keep that under control

but in fairness i really haven't had the opportunity to crank the amp in any way. I live in a terraced cottage and

have neighbours all around. Ill give it a go on Saturday. Most of my neighbours will be gone for the day.

The resonance off the wood is really noticable, you can really feel it humming against you. Then the previous

owner had the neck sanded down professionally and they've done a good job so the neck is nice and fast.

I have played other LP's into this TT and I've encountered a few muddy studio's and a pretty decent edwards lp

but here is a clarity with this one that i've not really come across before. I think these are both EMG 81's rather

than the 81 /85 combo. Ill keep them a while and figure the rest out later. Its been a long long time since I've had

a guitar with humbuckers I honestly dont know what I would replace these with so for now ill just get the most out of

these ones. Perhaps I might get an eq pedal to reduce the heat :lol:

Think he was looking for 600 for the AD15 ... i already have an R30 and a TT and I know its a rare piece just if i come home

with anymore stuff, the Mrs. is gonna kill me haha! Only reason I got away with the LP is cos I traded out two :)

Orange AD30
Groove Tubes Soul-O 75
Orange PPC 212 OB
Boss Nextone 40
Fender CIJ Pink Paisley Tele
Fender Classic Player Strat 50s
Yamaha SA1200s
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Jnr