What is the purpose of a guitarist life? How does a guitarist find enlightment?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

What is the purpose of a guitarist life? How does a guitarist find enlightment?

Post by Les Paul Lover » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:52 pm

Sorry, I have no book claiming to know it all. :lol:

Feel free to discuss.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Boy_Narf
Orange Master

Re: What is the purpose of a guitarist life? How does a guitarist find enlightment?

Post by Boy_Narf » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:29 pm

What is the purpose of life in general???

Purpose of a guitarists life? I would say entertainment for one self and others as well as a temporary escape from reality. I'm sure all of us have gotten lost in the moment (even jamming alone) with that childhood idea of being a rock-star playing to millions of people. So days the "what if?" is the only thing that keeps me from selling all my gear and investing in a self propelled mower.

fiveightandten
Orange Master

Re: What is the purpose of a guitarist life? How does a guitarist find enlightment?

Post by fiveightandten » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:20 pm

Can you remember every note you played, and every note your father played? If not, you have no proof that you or your father play guitar, or that you will play guitar in the future.
'71 GRO100 || '96 OR-80 || AD30 || '64 AC-50 || AC-30TBX || Hiwatt DR504 || HI-TONE HT30
LP Standard || LP Studio || LP Custom Lite || Ric 620 || Ric 360 || MIA Tele || SG 61 RI

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:08 pm

Boy_Narf wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:29 pm
What is the purpose of life in general???

Purpose of a guitarists life? I would say entertainment for one self and others as well as a temporary escape from reality. I'm sure all of us have gotten lost in the moment (even jamming alone) with that childhood idea of being a rock-star playing to millions of people. So days the "what if?" is the only thing that keeps me from selling all my gear and investing in a self propelled mower.

I often get lost in the moment.
It sometimes is music related!!!

Seriously, a bit of delay/reverb/fuzz, I can get lost for a long time...... and love it!!!

Now, a self propelled lawn mower..... quite something else......
Ant

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:10 pm

fiveightandten wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:20 pm
Can you remember every note you played, and every note your father played? If not, you have no proof that you or your father play guitar, or that you will play guitar in the future.

Damn. Have I been dreaming it all along the way?

I have no proof if even ever switched my amps on. For all I know, they're just expensive house props.
Ant