Orange Dual Terror

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

WinterDeep

Orange Dual Terror

Post by WinterDeep » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:38 pm

Salutations. I'm looking to save up for an Orange Dual Terror. I play pop punk and melodic hardcore style music. I love the gain for pop punk so didn't plan to get any kind of boost pedal. However, I want to be able to do the heavy chugs in hardcore as well. Can the amp so chugs or would you recommend getting a boost pedal? Bands I listen to and take influence from are Counterparts, HUNDREDTH, Hindsight, Ambleside, Vacant Home, Mayfield, The Ghost Inside, etc. That's just for the heavier stuff. I also love Neck Deep, Knuckle Puck, Real Friends, Best Years, WSTR, etc. I love the gain in that style though. I know, pop punk is probably going to get hate so leave that out. Any tips would be lovely otherwise. Cheers!

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: Orange Dual Terror

Post by Les Paul Lover » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:02 pm

It's very difficult to answer for you.
Yes the DT can do it - but will you be able to use it like that? It's all very dependant on what you want to get in terms of gain and how you would use both channels.

Another amp you could consider would be the R30 - you would have to get it second hand though.
It does punk, can get pretty heavy too, in a very fuzz way, borderline stoner rock.

But again..... you may well need a boost pedal with it.

A boost is a good pedal to have at hand to be honest, regardless of the amp.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

WinterDeep

Post by WinterDeep » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:06 pm

I planned to get the CR120 as well in case the tubes crap out, I have a backup. I hear the CR120 is basically a solid state Rockerverb and love every sound I've heard from it. I may use it for the heavier stuff. Cheers man!

b80
Tiny Terror

Post by b80 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:12 pm

I own a Dual Terror and it should be able to get those sounds, especially on the Fat channel. You'd probably be fine without a boost pedal of some kind (it still might be fun to have one). Just get yourself an Orange channel switcher and set the Fat channel for chug and the Tiny Terror channel for less chug! Enjoy!
My band The Start Up
Spotify

WinterDeep

Post by WinterDeep » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:10 pm

Awesome! Cheers dude!