Sad day as I say goodbye to an amp

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

afjungemann
Rocker

Sad day as I say goodbye to an amp

Post by afjungemann » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:16 pm

I have decided recently that I should sell my Dual Dark 100. I have both the the DD100 and the RV100 MKIII. The DD was the first one I got and was a dream come true. I absolutely loved it. However, after picking up the RV, I realized it is more rounded and versatile than the DD. I planned on keeping both and having different options but I am finding that the DD just isn't getting the use.

I decided that the DD should go to a better home and I can pick up something that is probably none orange to add more variety to my arsenal but after finding a few people interested in the amp, I am just realizing how real it is that I won't have the amp anymore.
Rockerverb 100 MKIII
Rockerverb 50 MKIII combo
AD30TC combo
TH30c
Fender Bassman
Fender Princeton
gibson explorer custom
gibson es355
gibson es359
gibson sg custom
gibson les paul custom
gibson les paul standard
gibson les paul studio
gibson melody maker

Boy_Narf
Orange Master

Re: Sad day as I say goodbye to an amp

Post by Boy_Narf » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:34 pm

Sentimental attachment is what I would consider my greatest weakness in this world haha. After you get a wad of cash in your hand and jam more with the RV I think you will start to forget about it. Heck if you are ever missing it pickup a dark terror or micro dark for old time sake :)

Just hoping you get a decent amount of cash for it. It took me 5 years to get rid of my RV100 and the best cash offer I got was under 50% of retail. I ended up trading it for a combo and didn't lose much if we are going by new price.

Good luck!

Dark Helmet
Orange Master

Post by Dark Helmet » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:56 pm

Boy_Narf wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:34 pm
Sentimental attachment is what I would consider my greatest weakness in this world haha.
this.... I still miss my first car...
Dark Lord of the Schwartz
AD15/12
AD30TC
AD50
AD140
Thunderverb50

2016 Gibson LP Standard
2012 Gibson LP Classic Custom
2017 Gibson Firebird Studio T
Epi Les Paul (used to be) Standard
2018 Taylor 616CE

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:41 pm

It makes sense though. If you aren't using it and the other amp gets all the play, you might as well get something else you will play.

I regrettably sold my AD5 a few months after buying the AD15. Slightly different amp, but the AD15 is just way more controllable. The AD5 is still great, rrally great even, but I wasn't playing it at all, so after 6 months of gathering dust, I out it up for sale.

Funnily enough, I've just try to buy another one..... but for my son this time.
It looks like the eBay seller has flaked out though. :(

There's something I cannot sell though.....
That's my 1st guitar, an Aria Pro II RS X80. It's a great MIJ made guitar, and I've played it so much I seriously worn its frets out. I don't play it much anymore, but will very soon give it a fret level.... we'll see if making it more payable changes things, but I don't think I'll ever sell it.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

b80
Tiny Terror

Post by b80 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:23 pm

I get what you mean. But I also think that gear is meant to be played. Give it to a good home and rest easy knowing that someone is using it all the time! Just like Toy Story 3.
My band The Start Up
Spotify

afjungemann
Rocker

Post by afjungemann » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:41 pm

Boy_Narf wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:34 pm
Just hoping you get a decent amount of cash for it.
I live in an area where Orange isn't readily available so if someone sells an orange, it goes quick and for good money. Luckily, I have a friend who wants to buy it so I don't have to worry about it going too far.
Les Paul Lover wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:41 pm
It makes sense though. If you aren't using it and the other amp gets all the play, you might as well get something else you will play.
This is actually what I was hoping to hear. If a group of orange fanatics tell you it makes sense to sell an Orange amp, it must be a pretty clear sign.
b80 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:23 pm
Just like Toy Story 3
I told myself I wasn't going to cry today... *wipes tear away*
Rockerverb 100 MKIII
Rockerverb 50 MKIII combo
AD30TC combo
TH30c
Fender Bassman
Fender Princeton
gibson explorer custom
gibson es355
gibson es359
gibson sg custom
gibson les paul custom
gibson les paul standard
gibson les paul studio
gibson melody maker

MikeD
Orange Expert

Post by MikeD » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:17 am

The DD is something that you should be able to find within the next few years without hassle if you change your mind. Sentimentality is great for guitars that have that extra in-built mojo...not for production line amps. Stacking up on those and not using them is just hoarding :lol: .

If your not using it, let it go to someone else who will and use the money for something else that might come in handy that you haven´t tried. Especially considering you have the RV 100 which I´ve heard can pretty much dial in the DD and then some.
Gibson: Angus Young SG 03 / LP Standard 05 / Firebird V 01
Orange: RV50 mkII & ppc212-c / Micro Dark & ppc112 / TH30 Combo