Micro Dark - Speaker Out ISSUE

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

smnov05

Micro Dark - Speaker Out ISSUE

Post by smnov05 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:05 pm

My micro dark, which I had used primarily as a headphones-only amp when practicing at home, doesnt appear to have a working 'speaker out', as i recently bought a 1x12 speaker to connect to it and found no sound coming out once i connected it properly.

any thoughts? is there some sort of 'reset' needed, or can a speaker jack be bad?

thanks

PBA
Rocker

Re: Micro Dark - Speaker Out ISSUE

Post by PBA » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:01 pm

A speaker cable can certainly be bad. You have three parts (amp, cable, cab) and may need to check all three.

I'm guessing you don't have access to alternatives.

Speaker cables are very different to guitar cables but you can fortunately check it but trying it as a guitar cable. It's not so easy to check the cab. Many years ago, I would have tested it by tapping a battery to the jack plug and listening to the "pop" - I doubt that's a very good idea. It might be possible to connect it to a hi-fi type amplifier but it would depend on the hi-fi.

One thing certainly worth checking - Have you unplugged the headphones? It's possible that the headphone socket mutes the speaker out...

smnov05

Post by smnov05 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:08 pm

Cab works for sure. used it with the Micro Dark by running line out of phones jack into speaker.

Speaker cable works.

morphia

Post by morphia » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:08 pm

Have you unplugged the headphone cable? I have a feeling that mutes the speaker out, I may be wrong though