Last gig with coverband

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

MikeD
Orange Expert

Last gig with coverband

Post by MikeD » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:00 pm

Big stage, fun crowd and we didn't have to bother with PA and light so all in all good gig. I drove and even though rock'n'roll really should be played while consuming a few cold ones it was still fun.
I had my 112 and the basist had his 210 due to the trailor not being roadworthy and the drummers gear being, as usual, way too much.
So next Sunday we're turning the rehearsal studio into more of a recording studio and the search is on for a new Drummer since our old one has decided on a 6 month rest from music. That and the fact that I think he really just wants the rock'n'roll lifestyle and the instant gratitude that comes with stage-fame.
Got a good pic before the show, I love how visable the orange is, even if it's just the little one!!
Gibson: Angus Young SG 03 / LP Standard 05 / Firebird V 01
Orange: RV50 mkII & ppc212-c / Micro Dark & ppc112 / TH30 Combo

Rozz
Tiny Terror

Re: Last gig with coverband

Post by Rozz » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:15 am

Quite a sad day for you I expect, but plans for the future sound good. Good luck with it all. :D
Phil
Gibson Les Paul Traditional, Classic and Tribute. Fender American Standard Strat, Fender MIM Tele, Taylor GS Mini
Orange TH30c with G12H30 Anniversary speaker, 2xOrange PPC112 cabs
Roland Blues Cube Artist. CR120H. Dual Terror

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:55 pm

MikeD wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:00 pm
Big stage, fun crowd and we didn't have to bother with PA and light so all in all good gig. I drove and even though rock'n'roll really should be played while consuming a few cold ones it was still fun.
I had my 112 and the basist had his 210 due to the trailor not being roadworthy and the drummers gear being, as usual, way too much.
So next Sunday we're turning the rehearsal studio into more of a recording studio and the search is on for a new Drummer since our old one has decided on a 6 month rest from music. That and the fact that I think he really just wants the rock'n'roll lifestyle and the instant gratitude that comes with stage-fame.
Got a good pic before the show, I love how visable the orange is, even if it's just the little one!!
Good luck with the new project!

Hope it'll go well. Sometimes it's good to try other things - originals are where I'm happiest. They just take forever to finish them around day job and parenting!!!!
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:03 am

A new drummer and a few new songs and you'll be back out again!! Onward and upward!!
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

Dark Helmet
Orange Master

Post by Dark Helmet » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:09 pm

MikeD wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:00 pm
... new Drummer since our old one has decided on a 6 month rest from music....
I don't believe you.... he spontaneously combusted, didn't he?
Dark Lord of the Schwartz
AD15/12
AD30TC
AD50
AD140
Thunderverb50

2016 Gibson LP Standard
2012 Gibson LP Classic Custom
2017 Gibson Firebird Studio T
Epi Les Paul (used to be) Standard
2018 Taylor 616CE