Stereo Switching PPC212 and Grounding

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Crackers

Stereo Switching PPC212 and Grounding

Post by Crackers » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:43 am

I have a PPC212, so has anyone rewired a 212 cab (with 2 jacks) to have switching between stereo, single speaker or double mono (using a stereo jack) like described here: http://www.jumbosunshade.com/misc_docs/swd03.htm

Sorry if this next question seems silly: regarding the wiring demonstrated on jumbosunshade.com, is there an issue with the ground as my jack plate is metal? Does the mono jack (or both jacks) need to be isolated from each other or from the jack plate? Like using a plastic jack’s.
Thanks,
Craig

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: Stereo Switching PPC212 and Grounding

Post by bclaire » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:33 am

Hi Craig-

Welcome to the forum!

That is a question I had never thought of before... but makes total sense. I never particularly cared for the output jacks that had a plastic base but now I can see why you would use something like that in order to isolate the ground. Otherwise, like you said, using a plastic jack plate would do the job. I think you have a valid point and I'd like to hear a couple of others weigh in that are more electronically savvy than me...

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:40 am

The jacks Orange use are isolated from the plate.

Boy_Narf
Orange Master

Post by Boy_Narf » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:57 pm

So you are just wiring up the stock plate to be stereo?

I bought a stereo port city cab a while back. It came with a switch to go from mono to stereo. Looks like they have a new version out. Perhaps just swap the plate with something like this? Tons of companies make them.

http://www.portcityamps.com/accessories ... -jackplate