Bax Bangeetar Question and Orange products with Headphone outputs

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Jmb1984

Bax Bangeetar Question and Orange products with Headphone outputs

Post by Jmb1984 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:33 pm

Orange has been recently been promoting some new pedals such as the Get Away Driver, which has a headphone output. I look forward to trying this out, but it got me thinking about the Bax Bangeetar. I'm looking for anyone with experience with the Bax Bangeetar and if you have tried the cab sim output with headphones. Does it also work as a headphone output and does it sound good?

Also, can anyone comment on the quality of the headphone output for the micro terror or micro dark?

Basically I'm looking to get some great Orange tones when I can't have my Rockerverb going. I'm leaning towards either of the pedals because I can also use them with the Rockerverb and I wasn't a huge fan of how the micro terror sounded with a cab. I did not get to try out the micro terror headphone output and I never tried the micro dark.

To reiterate, I'm mainly concerned about the quality of the headphone sound on these products as a primary use, and I would probably sacrifice other uses if one of these products is better with headphones over the other products.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: Bax Bangeetar Question and Orange products with Headphone outputs

Post by bclaire » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:26 pm

I have Bax and Micro Terror... just tried the Bax and wasn't happy with headphone out. Have to try the Micro...

MikeD
Orange Expert

Post by MikeD » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:06 pm

My 2 cents on the micro-dark:

Bed room levels are easily achieved with a tone that's really quite enjoyable. Now when I'm saying tone I mean creamy, rockerverbish, rock'n'roll tones and not metal. The dark sucks for high gain and I have no idea why they painted it black or even called it "dark". They should of just gone with "mini-verb".
When it comes to the headphones out your better of getting some plug-ins for your computer or even one of those tiny amp plugs (I have the Vox ac 30 version and you can dial in some sweet tones) and rock your socks of with an AA batteri and some headphones :lol:

P. S. The micro makes for a great back-up amp if you play live. I've used it on several occasions when my rvs acted up and it sounds glorious through a 212!!! It even sounds great as a harmonica distortion or just when adding som flavor on a vocal microphone.
Gibson: Angus Young SG 03 / LP Standard 05 / Firebird V 01
Orange: RV50 mkII & ppc212-c / Micro Dark & ppc112 / TH30 Combo

Hubaxe
Orange Expert

Post by Hubaxe » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:44 pm

whateverv the brand, I've never heard any headphone output sound ok..

Jmb1984

Post by Jmb1984 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:46 pm

bclaire wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:26 pm
I have Bax and Micro Terror... just tried the Bax and wasn't happy with headphone out. Have to try the Micro...
Thanks for the feedback. Considering the extra price on the Bax over the other options, I probably just wait until I can try out the Getaway Driver and bring some headphones along. Maybe I'll try the micros if they are available as well.

Jmb1984

Post by Jmb1984 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:48 pm

MikeD wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:06 pm
My 2 cents on the micro-dark:

Bed room levels are easily achieved with a tone that's really quite enjoyable. Now when I'm saying tone I mean creamy, rockerverbish, rock'n'roll tones and not metal. The dark sucks for high gain and I have no idea why they painted it black or even called it "dark". They should of just gone with "mini-verb".
When it comes to the headphones out your better of getting some plug-ins for your computer or even one of those tiny amp plugs (I have the Vox ac 30 version and you can dial in some sweet tones) and rock your socks of with an AA batteri and some headphones :lol:

P. S. The micro makes for a great back-up amp if you play live. I've used it on several occasions when my rvs acted up and it sounds glorious through a 212!!! It even sounds great as a harmonica distortion or just when adding som flavor on a vocal microphone.
I hear you on the plugins. I just figured there could be duel purpose here if the sound is good. I'll give the micro dark a shot and see if I like it better than micro terror. Thanks for the response.

pedecamp
Orange Hero

Post by pedecamp » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:50 pm

Garageband and Irig have Orange Sims that are pretty cool, load it on a tablet or phone and get the interface and youre good to go.
Thunderverb 50

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:26 pm

pedecamp wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:50 pm
Garageband and Irig have Orange Sims that are pretty cool, load it on a tablet or phone and get the interface and youre good to go.
Actually, for headphone usage, this is the way to go....

Jmb1984

Post by Jmb1984 » Mon May 21, 2018 1:53 am

I figured I would report back on this from last September in case someone else is looking into this. I ended up emailing Orange customer service about using headphones with the Bax or the Get Away Driver. They told me that the Bax cab sim output is not meant to drive headphones and to go with the Get Away Driver if headphone use is an important factor. So I picked up the Get Away Driver and I am pretty happy with how it sounds while using decent monitor headphones. Obviously there are still small speaker limitations, but this little amp in a box gets great RV and OR tones. Most importantly, I am getting a lot more playing in now!