NGD: well soon it will be

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

caldurham
Rocker

NGD: well soon it will be

Post by caldurham » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:33 am

so someone posted a link on the rocksmith facebook group i am in. it was a link to the Limited Edition "Robb Flynn MH" Signature Epiphone Flying V and CD bundle. nuclear blast was having an anniversary sale and dropped the price on the bundle from $250 (which was already discounted from $600 and some change when the bundle first came out) to $99. so i ordered one. the Robb Flynn MH Signature Epiphone Flying V is almost the same flying v as the Epiphone Jeff Waters Annihilation-II Flying V.

it's got a mahogany body and neck, rosewood fingerboard. grover rotomatic tuners, bolt on neck with inset screw ferrules and no plate. (i wonder if it has brass screw inserts in the body or not) neck pup: epi 650r bridge pup: epi 700t and a tune-o-matic with stopbar.

i am a fan of machine head and robb flynn but not enough of a fan to buy a signature guitar. and i guess by itself the guitar looks ok. but i figured for $99 ($117 total with shipping.) that if i didn't like how it played i could wait a few months maybe and turn around sell it and get my money back and hopefully a little more. or if i do like it i am probably going to strip the paint off of it and refinish it with some good water based stain and tru oil. the mahogany would look really good.

this is what the guitar looks like. and when it actually arrives ill post a picture after i unbox it. Image

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: NGD: well soon it will be

Post by Les Paul Lover » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:56 am

Great deal!!!!

Be careful re refinishing it.
It may well be that the mahogany underneath isn't all that slightly.
Last edited by Les Paul Lover on Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

caldurham
Rocker

Re: NGD: well soon it will be

Post by caldurham » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:26 am

lol forgot about this. but here it is. plays better than expected. i did have to do a quick little set up on it. and i guess after playing it a while i've decided she's a keeper. gonna wear these strings out and then put my usual gauge on and do a proper set up. still not a fan of the artwork on it. but for $117 shipped who cares! when i finish refinishing my schecter she'll probably get a refinish as well. my purple walls have got to go soon as well lol. i'm about sick of purple.