Anyone order from Loop-Master recently???

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

pedecamp
Orange Hero

Re: Anyone order from Loop-Master recently???

Post by pedecamp » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:34 pm

Les Paul Lover wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:32 pm
pedecamp wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:10 pm
Phlowen wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:00 am

Let me google that for you...
Alright so what did you come up with?

Something like that?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+the+heck+is+loop+master
Thanks but I already committed to Phlowen looking for me. You'll have to pass your services on elsewhere.
Thunderverb 50

Dark Helmet
Orange Master

Post by Dark Helmet » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:31 pm

Boy_Narf wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 am
Update please!
OK, so UPDATES!!!!!

the pedal doesn't work, I don't know why, and I packed it up along with almost all of my gear and put it in "storage" (my brother's basement/studio) since we are trying to sell our house and move.

NATURALLY... the ABCD switch and Y splitter I bought has now been moved to a "shipping" status, which based on the 65-day delivery time from the AB switch will arrive on May 27th... I think. I placed the order for the ABCD & Y on.... July27.... so 10-months...

not that ANY of it is of ANY use to me right now since everything except the LP Standard, TV50 and PPC112 are in storage... and will be for ANOTHER YEAR!!!
Dark Lord of the Schwartz
AD15/12
AD30TC
AD50
AD140
Thunderverb50

2016 Gibson LP Standard
2012 Gibson LP Classic Custom
2017 Gibson Firebird Studio T
Epi Les Paul (used to be) Standard
2018 Taylor 616CE

Gray
Orange Expert

Post by Gray » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:21 am

If someone kept me waiting over 5 months for an AB switch that didn't even work once I got it i'd be trashing his business on every forum I use and I sure as hell wouldn't be buying anything else from him. I think it's incredible that you seem to be taking it in stride, considering you might as well have thrown the money into a fire pit.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:48 am

Gray wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:21 am
If someone kept me waiting over 5 months for an AB switch that didn't even work once I got it i'd be trashing his business on every forum I use and I sure as hell wouldn't be buying anything else from him. I think it's incredible that you seem to be taking it in stride, considering you might as well have thrown the money into a fire pit.

You don't like rubbing salt in people's wounds too much, do you? :lol:

Unfortunately for dark helmet, he ordered the 2nd one shortly after the 1st order.
If you read through the entire thread, you'll read that he isn't overjoyed with that situation. He was still in the reasonable wait time period..... and imagined (as one normally would expect) that Loop master would send him boxes that worked.... in a reasonable time..... and would have some customer service of some sort.

Unfortunately Dark Helmet knows better now.
I don't think he feels much better about it. Hopefully, when his next piece of kit arrives in 2022 (probably at his old address then......) It will be working for the new home owner. Hell, he might even know how to use That???
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Gray
Orange Expert

Post by Gray » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:02 pm

Les Paul Lover wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:48 am
You don't like rubbing salt in people's wounds too much, do you? :lol:

Unfortunately for dark helmet, he ordered the 2nd one shortly after the 1st order.
If you read through the entire thread, you'll read that he isn't overjoyed with that situation. He was still in the reasonable wait time period..... and imagined (as one normally would expect) that Loop master would send him boxes that worked.... in a reasonable time..... and would have some customer service of some sort.

Unfortunately Dark Helmet knows better now.
I don't think he feels much better about it. Hopefully, when his next piece of kit arrives in 2022 (probably at his old address then......) It will be working for the new home owner. Hell, he might even know how to use That???
Believe me I read through it all, and I would be demanding my money back right about now.

I'm not trying to make Dark Helmet feel bad/dumb about it, if you want to talk about dumb ask me about the the luthier I waited 3 1/2 years on. I think we've all been there, "good faith" and "understanding" are compassions these people prey on. "MojoBlaster" mentioned on the first page how, when he had a problem, the guy tried to turn it around so that it was somehow his fault. I know exactly what that is like and I have no patience for these people.

I mean, there is no reality in which i'd consider this acceptable. None. And as a buyer, i'd certainly want to know about all of it before ever considering buying from this guy. I don't want to sound like i'm giving Dark Helmet a hard time because my complaints are directly squarely at the guy he put his faith in.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:08 pm

I'm not sure he'll be able to get a refund without suing the bloke to be honest.

That's where it becomes a pain in the back side- you've paid out, they aren't great sums, but it's your cash..... and getting it back probably would be even more costly.....

It really sucks all round.
It's a really painful thread. The best outcome at this stage is hoping the 2nd order arrives in dark helmets hands working..... :(

I certainly am thankful for this thread, Loop master has now become a running joke in other threads. Dark Helmet's story has at least warned us all.
Sadly, at his expense. :(
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Boy_Narf
Orange Master

Post by Boy_Narf » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:03 pm

I don't see why you didn't contact the company as soon as you found the issue. Like I mentioned before, I had an problem with one of my orders and they shipped me a brand new item within two weeks. The customer service was great compared to some other places I've worked with.

Dark Helmet
Orange Master

Post by Dark Helmet » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:48 pm

1) thankfully I always have it shipped to the office!!!

2) I should have called, but by the time I was able to have it tested/checked and confirmed as DOA, I was at a point where I was packing everything up and just didn't care to add to the drama in my life.

3) If the next ones don't work, I'll send them all back... THAT I can promise.
Dark Lord of the Schwartz
AD15/12
AD30TC
AD50
AD140
Thunderverb50

2016 Gibson LP Standard
2012 Gibson LP Classic Custom
2017 Gibson Firebird Studio T
Epi Les Paul (used to be) Standard
2018 Taylor 616CE