NGWD

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Jondog
Duke of Orange

NGWD

Post by Jondog » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:11 am

New Guitar Waiting Day :(
Was all excited because today I ordered a new guitar, only to get an email from the dealer saying they are all out of stock and have to wait until October for the new stock to arrive. Could order one internationally, but it'll end up costing me a lot more with duty etc...
Anyways, it's a Hagstrom Pat Smear signature. Wanted something kind of Gibson-ish, but different, and the reviews on this seem to be really good. Always liked Hagstroms other than the thin necks, and apparently Pat had them put a thicker neck on this guitar so hopefully I like it! Also happen to be a fan of Pat, but that really had nothing to do with the purchase. Anyways, heres some pics, even though it didn't happen...

ragealexrage

Re: NGWD

Post by ragealexrage » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:02 pm

Nice looking guitar, I really dig the ashtray cover on the tailpiece and the way the switch comes up through the pick guard with that blue accent. Is that a natural binding reveal like a PRS style or is channel bound like an LP? Can't quite tell from the pic.
Orange OR15 | PPC112
Orange Micro Dark

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:17 pm

I think its natural. Its a mahogany body with a maple cap. Looks like wood rather than platic. The blue circle is Pats tribute to his first band, The Germs. The Bridge tailpiece is interesting. Each string sits in its own brass block, coupled to tbe body. Supposed to increase sustain.

thejay
Orange Expert

Post by thejay » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:07 pm

That's cool I never knew Pat had his own sig!
Oranges - R32, OR50, R30, RVMKIII, OR100, AD30, OB212, CB212 (2x)
Non Orange - Mesa, Friedman, Vox & Marshall
Former Oranges - TT, JRT, OR15, RVMKII
YouTube https://bit.ly/2pSp3sk
http://bigbattlebear.bandcamp.com

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:09 pm

Nice little guitar..... and a loooonnnnnng wait...... ;)

I like the hardware. All chrome, especially the knobs works so well on a black guitar.
The headstock shape is very nice too.

The only where thing I would need to try to see if I can live with it is the switch sticking out of the Pickguard. I often strum around the neck pick up and I believe I'd end up playing and the bridge pick up all of the time!!! :lol:
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

SIXTENCONNECTOR

Post by SIXTENCONNECTOR » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:06 pm

Very nice. Id be interested to know how it hangs with strap. Reason being is a have a couple Yamaha SG's (79, 81, 82). The front strap button is on the back where neck meets body (not under the horn like that Hagstrom). Due to the fact that both my Yamaha's and the Hagstrom have a very pointed horn (METAL) they cannot safely attach the strap button there, ala LP, (although i have seen some people modify theirs that way). I've flirted with idea of moving mine to where yours is. My guitars hang a lil bit weird having strap button on back. Im pretty used to it but always though of moving. Congrats!
https://soundcloud.com/sixtenconnector/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... nnector-ep

MikeD
Orange Expert

Post by MikeD » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:41 pm

OOOOHHHHH YEAAAAHHHH....now were talking!!

If I wasn´t, sort of autistic, and such a fanboy of Gibson I´d be a Hagstöms guy. I always go into the local shop and have a go at the ones they offer and boy do they play well!! Seeing that I can´t afford a 335 I can definitely see myself going for a Hagströms Viking in the near future.

Nice catch and have fun playing it!!
Gibson: Angus Young SG 03 / LP Standard 05 / Firebird V 01
Orange: RV50 mkII & ppc212-c / Micro Dark & ppc112 / TH30 Combo

pedecamp
Orange Hero

Post by pedecamp » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:13 am

Very interesting guitar, almost a mash up of an SG, LP and Strat. I hope you got it by now, enjoy!
Thunderverb 50

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:39 am

Well....when I ordered back in August, they told me I'd have to wait until October. It's December, and after contacting the store four times I've had no response on my order. Put a deposit on this guitar through Paypal so I made a claim a week ago to get that back, they still haven't responded. Too bad, I was really looking forward to it. I remember about 7 years ago I ordered a pedal online from them, Fender Blender reissue, from this store and they didn't pull through for me. I ended up driving there (over an hour away) and picking it up myself, cancelling the online order and just paying for it in store. Stayed away from them since until I decided to go for this guitar. Think that about does it with me ever "trying" to buy anything from them. Good news, I'm looking at guitars to buy again!

lunchbox
Orange Hero

Post by lunchbox » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:25 pm

I love The Germs circle around the toggle. That's really a cool touch.

Congrats! That thing looks badass!

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:41 pm

lunchbox wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:25 pm

I think you misread....

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:19 pm

lunchbox wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:25 pm

Are you in biology?
Ant

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:22 pm

Jondog wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:39 am
Well....when I ordered back in August, they told me I'd have to wait until October. It's December, and after contacting the store four times I've had no response on my order. Put a deposit on this guitar through Paypal so I made a claim a week ago to get that back, they still haven't responded. Too bad, I was really looking forward to it. I remember about 7 years ago I ordered a pedal online from them, Fender Blender reissue, from this store and they didn't pull through for me. I ended up driving there (over an hour away) and picking it up myself, cancelling the online order and just paying for it in store. Stayed away from them since until I decided to go for this guitar. Think that about does it with me ever "trying" to buy anything from them. Good news, I'm looking at guitars to buy again!
That sucks!!

You were well excited to get it!!
On the plus side, plenty other guitars out there.

Are you after anything specific?
Ant

Rlw59
Rocker

Post by Rlw59 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:11 pm

Hey, now that you've got your money back you can order some stuff from Loopmaster. :wink: :twisted:

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:09 pm

Rlw59 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:11 pm
Hey, now that you've got your money back you can order some stuff from Loopmaster. :wink: :twisted:
:lol:
Ant