Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Re: NGWD

Post by Jondog » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:30 pm

Rlw59 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:11 pm
Hey, now that you've got your money back you can order some stuff from Loopmaster. :wink: :twisted:
no

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:35 pm

Les Paul Lover wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:22 pm
Jondog wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:39 am
Well....when I ordered back in August, they told me I'd have to wait until October. It's December, and after contacting the store four times I've had no response on my order. Put a deposit on this guitar through Paypal so I made a claim a week ago to get that back, they still haven't responded. Too bad, I was really looking forward to it. I remember about 7 years ago I ordered a pedal online from them, Fender Blender reissue, from this store and they didn't pull through for me. I ended up driving there (over an hour away) and picking it up myself, cancelling the online order and just paying for it in store. Stayed away from them since until I decided to go for this guitar. Think that about does it with me ever "trying" to buy anything from them. Good news, I'm looking at guitars to buy again!
That sucks!!

You were well excited to get it!!
On the plus side, plenty other guitars out there.

Are you after anything specific?
Just put an offer in that got accepted by a store I’ve bought from a few times with great service, Quest Musique. A Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet in Silver sparkle. Looking for something, Les Paul’ish, but different. Not to expensive either. Looks to fit the bill.
Last edited by Jondog on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lunchbox
Orange Hero

Post by lunchbox » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:39 pm

Jondog wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:41 pm
lunchbox wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:25 pm
I love The Germs circle around the toggle. That's really a cool touch.

Congrats! That thing looks badass!
I think you misread....
No, I just missed the last sentence. You're still going to get one though, no? You could always order from somewhere else. So consider it a possible, pre-emptive congrats.
Last edited by lunchbox on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lunchbox
Orange Hero

Post by lunchbox » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:40 pm

Les Paul Lover wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:19 pm
lunchbox wrote:

Are you in biology?
When the wife allows it. Which isn't very often.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:35 pm

lunchbox wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:40 pm
Les Paul Lover wrote:
lunchbox wrote:

Are you in biology?
:lol:

That's funny, my wife is into biology.

I mean, she occasionally experiments with bacteria and naturally produced insect peptides / proteins, and then counts and measure their effectiveness by the size of the germ free ring around the peptides/proteins inoculation sites.

That sort of biology. :(
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

lunchbox
Orange Hero

Post by lunchbox » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:37 pm

Les Paul Lover wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:35 pm
lunchbox wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:40 pm
Les Paul Lover wrote:

Are you in biology?
:lol:

That's funny, my wife is into biology.

I mean, she occasionally experiments with bacteria and naturally produced insect peptides / proteins, and then counts and measure their effectiveness by the size of the germ free ring around the peptides/proteins inoculation sites.

That sort of biology. :(
HAHAHAHAAAA!! THAT'S BORING!! :lol:

(j/k)

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Wed May 30, 2018 10:20 pm

Update: It’s finally happening...unless the Purolator truck gets into a fiery crash between today and tomorrow.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Thu May 31, 2018 2:25 pm

You're finally getting the hagstrom???
Ant

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Thu May 31, 2018 2:49 pm

Les Paul Lover wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 2:25 pm
Yep! When the last deal didn’t end up happening with dissapointing or lack of communication from the store I was dealing with over the course of a few months, I gave up on it, but have been itching for one ever since. Used ones online weren’t looking to be worth it with shipping and import fees. Couple weeks ago, I contacted another dealer here in Canada, Acclaim Sound and Lighting, who said they had one on the way from Hagstrom, so I put my money down. Got an email from them yesterday saying they have shipped it to me. Tracking it, it’s currently within a 30 mile radius of my house. As a bonus (sort of), had to stay home from work because my daughter is sick, so I’ll be here when it arrives!

Wired
Orange Master

Post by Wired » Thu May 31, 2018 4:39 pm

Jondog wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 2:49 pm
Les Paul Lover wrote:
Yep! When the last deal didn’t end up happening with dissapointing or lack of communication from the store I was dealing with over the course of a few months, I gave up on it, but have been itching for one ever since. Used ones online weren’t looking to be worth it with shipping and import fees. Couple weeks ago, I contacted another dealer here in Canada, Acclaim Sound and Lighting, who said they had one on the way from Hagstrom, so I put my money down. Got an email from them yesterday saying they have shipped it to me. Tracking it, it’s currently within a 30 mile radius of my house. As a bonus (sort of), had to stay home from work because my daughter is sick, so I’ll be here when it arrives!
congrats! convenient for the daughter to be sick when the guitar is supposed to show up. I love those days. What happened to the Gretsch?

Where in the north are you?
-LK
RV50, Vox AC30, Gibson LP Trad '14, Gibson ES-335 '04, PRS Cu24 '10, Fender Tele Pro, Gretsch Powerjet

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Thu May 31, 2018 4:46 pm

Wired wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 4:39 pm
Jondog wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 2:49 pm
Les Paul Lover wrote:
congrats! convenient for the daughter to be sick when the guitar is supposed to show up. I love those days. What happened to the Gretsch?

Where in the north are you?
Still got the Gretsch. It has its own unique sound going on, not the most confortable guitar for me but keeping it for now. Live in Cambridge Ont.

Wired
Orange Master

Post by Wired » Thu May 31, 2018 5:50 pm

ohhhh box!!!!

I have a Gretsch Firejet Pro. I'm not sure what the electro's are like, but it's a unique an interesting guitar. thinnest neck I own, tone circuit can produce some interesting sounds.

unbox that thing and lets take a peek!
-LK
RV50, Vox AC30, Gibson LP Trad '14, Gibson ES-335 '04, PRS Cu24 '10, Fender Tele Pro, Gretsch Powerjet

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Thu May 31, 2018 9:41 pm

Have to say I'm thoroughly impressed with this guitar! Right out of the box it was in tune and set-up perfectly. Very well put together, I can't find any flaws and it sounds great! Nice Tusq nut, the fret ends are all nicely dressed and even. The action is low and I don't hear fret buzz anywear along the neck. Beats the heck out of Epiphone Les Pauls I've played. I like to check everything when I get a guitar, so I opened up the electronics cavities and was even surprised that they shielded the covers. The pots aren't top quality, but everything is wired neatly and soldered well using shielded cable. They even put treble bleeds on each volume pot. My Gretsch had pretty sketchy wiring inside which I've since reworked, no shielded cable either. It took a while, but happy with it!
Heres some pics which you can also play spot the Orange amp on.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:28 pm

Jondog wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 9:41 pm
Have to say I'm thoroughly impressed with this guitar! Right out of the box it was in tune and set-up perfectly. Very well put together, I can't find any flaws and it sounds great! Nice Tusq nut, the fret ends are all nicely dressed and even. The action is low and I don't hear fret buzz anywear along the neck. Beats the heck out of Epiphone Les Pauls I've played. I like to check everything when I get a guitar, so I opened up the electronics cavities and was even surprised that they shielded the covers. The pots aren't top quality, but everything is wired neatly and soldered well using shielded cable. They even put treble bleeds on each volume pot. My Gretsch had pretty sketchy wiring inside which I've since reworked, no shielded cable either. It took a while, but happy with it!

It looks very neat!!!!

What's wrong with the pots? Are they Alpha pots?

I love the headstock. It's a great looking axe. Glad you're pleased with it!!!
Ant

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:00 pm

Les Paul Lover wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:28 pm
Jondog wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 9:41 pm

It looks very neat!!!!

What's wrong with the pots? Are they Alpha pots?

I love the headstock. It's a great looking axe. Glad you're pleased with it!!!
Nothing is wrong with the pots. They work fine and everything, they’re there to stay unless they go bad. Just not a high quality pot; the terminals are a thinner guage metal than something like a CTS or Bourns and I’m sure theres other cheaper components. Don’t see any branding on them. Really is a solid guitar and I’m enjoying it!