NCD

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

bfitz
Orange Expert

NCD

Post by bfitz » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:35 am

Over the last few months I've been back playing a lot more music especially on the bass and as a result of joining a wedding band I've found that lugging a 4x10 around is just hassle not only this but living in a tiny cottage in Dublin does not lend itself well to housing such a thing.

This weekend I sold my PPC212 closed back guitar cab and for the same money got this little guy!

Im gonna put aside the next paycheck from the wedding band and get a ppc112 for my Tiny Terror and pair it with the (soon to be repaired) R30. I found a tube red-plating and have some new JJ's on the way from watford valves.

This thing is punchy! I had been considering a markbass traveller or new yorker 112 but they were the same price as one of these and given you can never tell what kind of drummer you're gonna have on these gigs i really wanted the cab to be audible as I dont have a monitor. There is a fair whack outta these lads and now i can play and get out to the van in one felled swoop!

Orange AD30
Groove Tubes Soul-O 75
Orange PPC 212 OB
Boss Nextone 40
Fender CIJ Pink Paisley Tele
Fender Classic Player Strat 50s
Yamaha SA1200s
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Jnr

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: NCD

Post by Les Paul Lover » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:10 am

Sweet!!!!
They look really neat these cabs. I like the black grill cloth.

Are they more efficient than the other cabs you mentioned? Why would you hear yourself better with the Orange cab?
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

bfitz
Orange Expert

Re: NCD

Post by bfitz » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:19 am

Its a 2x12 compared to the others being 1x12 - The others were rated at 400w at 8ohms

where as this thing is 600w at 8ohms - I dunno 'more is more' to quote Mr Malmsteen lol

Tbh I'm just glad I have something I can carry by myself and that doesn't take up too much space

in my house its kind of a bonus that its an Orange its really clear and the high end isnt fizzy the lows

are really rounded and its got a puchy mid range. Im very happy with my purchase! :)

Orange AD30
Groove Tubes Soul-O 75
Orange PPC 212 OB
Boss Nextone 40
Fender CIJ Pink Paisley Tele
Fender Classic Player Strat 50s
Yamaha SA1200s
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Jnr