Countdown is on....OVER?(UPDATED)

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Countdown is on....OVER?(UPDATED)

Post by Jondog » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:38 pm

Last edited by Jondog on Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: Countdown is on....

Post by Les Paul Lover » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:57 pm

Will they finally release a fuzz that works in all Orange dirty channels????
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:11 pm

Cool.....an OD ????b
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

ragealexrage

Post by ragealexrage » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:44 pm

Very curious to see what they will be, I've never used any of the other 🍊 pedals but I they sound great in reviews and I like the concept of stepping up the voltage internally for more headroom. You can tell they were designed by someone who knows pro audio and electronics rather than just one more pedal nut making their take on a classic design.

I'm hoping for an octave fuzz and maybe an analog delay or a tremolo.
Orange OR15 | PPC112
Orange Micro Dark

PBA
Rocker

Post by PBA » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:40 pm

Mr. Emsley likes parametric EQ. He must be running out of things to put parametric on though...

How about a F.A.C in a box? (Can you even do that?).

I'm still tempted by the Kongpressor but it doesn't seem to have been widely adopted by forumites.

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:03 pm

PBA wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:40 pm
Mr. Emsley likes parametric EQ. He must be running out of things to put parametric on though...

I'm still tempted by the Kongpressor but it doesn't seem to have been widely adopted by forumites.
Snarling Dogs had a varitone pedal which is basically the same as an FAC control.

ragealexrage

Post by ragealexrage » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:14 pm

PBA wrote:
The Kongpessor is probably the one I would go for first. Compression is such a crucial tool, I feel like many guitarists overlook compression when setting up effects, especially since if your playing at home/practice. Even at a small gig there's a slim chance that FOH will be putting compression on your guitar, usually vocals get priority, then bass guitar and kick drum, and unless they are running a digital mixer with compression available on every channel you will need to compress your guitar yourself.

Optical compression is by the most natural sounding and all the highest end rack compressors use optical.
Orange OR15 | PPC112
Orange Micro Dark

Dark Helmet
Orange Master

Post by Dark Helmet » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:59 pm

PBA wrote:

Kongpressor isn't available yet, I don't think. most stores show it shipping sometime this week or next... and I need to pay-off the wife-tax on the OR15, AD50, and the LP Standard, or I'd have one on order already...
Dark Lord of the Schwartz
AD15/12
AD30TC
AD50
AD140
Thunderverb50

2016 Gibson LP Standard
2012 Gibson LP Classic Custom
2017 Gibson Firebird Studio T
Epi Les Paul (used to be) Standard
2018 Taylor 616CE

ragealexrage

Post by ragealexrage » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:27 am

Dark Helmet wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:59 pm
PBA wrote:

Kongpressor isn't available yet, I don't think. most stores show it shipping sometime this week or next... and I need to pay-off the wife-tax on the OR15, AD50, and the LP Standard, or I'd have one on order already...
Not the worst problem to have lol.
Orange OR15 | PPC112
Orange Micro Dark

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:03 am

The Getaway Driver is an “amp in a box” style overdrive pedal with Class A, Single ended overdrive gain structure. When using the CabSim output marked with the headphone symbol, the CabSim will always be activated even when the pedal is in bypass. This output can also be connected to computer interface or headphones. Both outputs can be used simultaneously. If using the “GETAWAY” output, it is low impedance, buffered when in bypass. The bypass is very transparent. This is ideally used on the clean channel of an amp or with slight overdrive utilising high volume, low gain levels on the pedal. An internal push button rolls off frequencies above 20 kHz when depressed. (default setting) This will be more apparent when used with an interface or headphones. This pedal utilizes an internal charge pump for extra headroom.
The Orange Fur Coat Fuzz is loosely based on the old Foxx Tone Machine which was a great fuzz from 1970. A version of this was later made by Prescription Electronics under the name Experience, which added a swell feature to the existing design. These are also sought after and sell for lots of money secondhand.

On the Fur Coat, we’ve made the Octave-up adjustable so that it can be turned down from being flat-out. This took a bit of redesigning and in doing so we also managed to remove the DC offset from the Octave stomp switch, resulting in the octave being instantly engaged or disengaged. Also, with this modified circuit, the Octave can be dialled in and out using the guitar volume between 8 and 10 as long as the Octave on the Fur Coat Fuzz is less than flat-out.

This is our only True Bypass pedal. The reason for this is that Fuzz is always better without a buffer placed in front of it as a passive pickup on the guitar is part of the circuit. This is always best used at the front of the chain, directly connected to the guitar with any subsequent pedals following it. If used with a buffer in front of it, the Fuzz will be more like distortion and the octave will be much more pronounced.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: Countdown is on....OVER?(UPDATED)

Post by Les Paul Lover » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:42 am

I saw one for sale on reverb this morning.

I was wondering if Orange would get it all out once the cat was out of the bag...!
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:45 am

Les Paul Lover wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:42 am
I saw one for sale on reverb this morning.

I was wondering if Orange would get it all out once the cat was out of the bag...!
I think the seller may have made an error. Orange still has the countdown going! The pedals aren't listed yet. I like the color scheme. Wonder if it was inspired by those Jimmy Bean amps they used to make that Billy owns. (Just came up in a ressurected thread). viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54508

OU818
Orange Master

Post by OU818 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:59 am

I saw it posted on the Orange Owners FB page and came here to see if it was already posted. Looks like Jondog beat me.

The seller is a bit of a party pooper by letting it out early. I was looking forward to the big reveal.
Orange Gear:
AD200B MkIII
OBC810

Non-Orange:
Bergantino NXT212
Bergantino Forte D
Woogie Lessie
Laney DBV-410

Basses:
Ernie Ball Stingray 4H
Rickenbacker 4003
Gibson Midtown Signature
Gibson Thunderbird
Gibson Nikki Sixx Thunderbird
Gibson Les Paul Bass

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:00 pm

When Orange first announced they were getting into pedals I was a bit unsure. What hasnt been done already? But they do seem to offer something different and unique.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:25 pm

They do look very "Jimmy Bean" ish....