Re: Fantasy/Hybrid Model Orange Amps

Post by pedecamp » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:53 am

D|C|M|E wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:17 pm
pedecamp wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:41 pm
D|C|M|E wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:19 pm

I'll go rob several banks and get right on that. Plus I've heard atrocious stories about ABY pedals and no one can seem to agree on a good one. I've admittedly never had an opportunity to ABY any amps. However, a single amp in the $2500 range with all the above features is a nice fantasy. Running internal channels in parallel would hopefully solve all the phase issues in AB'ing multiple amps.

I'm not quite sure how Adam Jones does it, but he manages to run three half stacks in parallel every night.
And while you're at it buy a backup LOL!

I heard good things about Morley and Radial for ABY, one of these days I'll get one to try.
I always assumed the Morley was the way to go but I read some crap about it also. Maybe I'll have to go back and revisit that. I would love to experiment going Y out to a couple of my amps but I haven't been able to bring myself to drop the cash on the splitter.

The backup rig is a "go". Ha! Seriously. There are so many Oranges I want. The more I watch videos on the Dual Dark the more I want it. I saw some seriously crappy demo's of it when it first came out but the ones that are going around now make it sound quite amazing. Still can't cope with the EQ stacked in the "Shape" knob on channel B though. That is painful.
That's the one thing I don't like about modern Orange amps is the shape knob yuk, I can do without. The dual dark is a seriously cool amp way out of my price range, I feel lucky to get my thunderverb literally for less than half price some how. Myself I'm on the prowl for a used AC30ch, a Chinese made Vox head with power scaling if you've seen them, I'm hoping to run it with an ABY pedal to switch between the channels.

Hey did you see the PPC212 I just built? Check it out and tell me what you think:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55777
Thunderverb 50

SIXTENCONNECTOR

Post by SIXTENCONNECTOR » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:56 pm

[/quote]

I'll go rob several banks and get right on that. Plus I've heard atrocious stories about ABY pedals and no one can seem to agree on a good one. I've admittedly never had an opportunity to ABY any amps. However, a single amp in the $2500 range with all the above features is a nice fantasy. Running internal channels in parallel would hopefully solve all the phase issues in AB'ing multiple amps.

I'm not quite sure how Adam Jones does it, but he manages to run three half stacks in parallel every night.
[/quote]

Currently running a Rockerverb 100 with TT in ABY fashion. Im using a Radial Twin City ABY. Its awesome. No issues what-so-ever. The key is to make sure its an active ABY (so no signal loss). I also used a Voodoo Lab amp selector before the radial and again no issues.

=Scott
https://soundcloud.com/sixtenconnector/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... nnector-ep

D|C|M|E
Tiny Terror

Post by D|C|M|E » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:35 pm

SIXTENCONNECTOR wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:56 pm

[/quote]

Currently running a Rockerverb 100 with TT in ABY fashion. Im using a Radial Twin City ABY. Its awesome. No issues what-so-ever. The key is to make sure its an active ABY (so no signal loss). I also used a Voodoo Lab amp selector before the radial and again no issues.

=Scott
[/quote]

Thank YOU for that recommendation. I had not even heard of that one yet. I may grab one.
Orange Rockerverb 100 MKIII [2017]
Orange PPC412-A [2017]
Orange PPC412 [2017]
Gibson SG Standard Silverburst [2007]
Gibson SG Standard Heritage Cherry [2016]
More than a dozen drive/Fuzz boxes.

Boy_Narf
Orange Master

Post by Boy_Narf » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:28 pm

Been through a few myself. That Twin City is good. I also tried the Split Personality a few times I couldn't tell if there was a high end loss on channel B or if it was in my head. Made me crazy enough to return it twice though :) (loved the midi switching option though). Morleys are regarded as some of the worst. Old band mate had the regular radial A/B/Y. He used it for years and loved it. Back in the day I had the infamous Framptone Amp Switcher. Man that thing was nice. Best sounding one I've ever used, but I think they are pretty tough to find these days.

Now I use a Startouch A/B pedal. No need for Y at this time, but there is a pretty solid consensus among boutique gear folks that they make the best in the business. Quite affordable too. Had some questions about the pedal prior to my order and the owner called me on the phone hahah. Talked my ear off for a good 45 minutes to be weary of that if you have an question haahah.

Oh and Orange has one out now too, but I've not tried it. Probably worth a look, at least it would match your amps :)

enle

Post by enle » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:19 am

A Micro OR60, with the classic OR tone and reaction, 60 watts (a lot more powerful than the current Micro range but still not so powerful to blow up an Orange PPC112), FX loop, 8/16 ohm, attenuation to 20 w (home playing, PPC108) and 1w (to get valve-like volume crunch). SS power stage and the same tube as the Micro Terror and Micro Dark in the preamp.

b80
Tiny Terror

Post by b80 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:20 pm

Nothing too crazy, but I'd like to have the option of on board Reverb and effects loop added to the lunchbox amps. A Tiny Terror with Reverb and a loop???? I may never play another amp!!
My band The Start Up
Spotify

Sootio
Rocker

Post by Sootio » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:56 am

I'd like a THOR...The clean channel of the TH30 and an OR15 dirty channel.