orange two stroke boost

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

kars0747
Tiny Terror

orange two stroke boost

Post by kars0747 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:26 pm

Anyone use this pedal. Is it worth the money. Right now my only option is using the sustain pedal that came with my orange ad50 but it does not quite deliver the warmth, the boost and the sustain the way I like it
Les Paul, Orange AD50 CS, ppc 212 ob with 3ow green back heritage (g12h 30) and a greenback (g12m), Boss tuner, Cry Baby, Electro Harmonix Electric Mistress, T-Rex replica and the orange sustain pedal

Mystic38
Orange Expert

Re: orange two stroke boost

Post by Mystic38 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:20 pm

No i haven't..

fwiw I have a Empress ParaEQ, but that is more expensive but it does wonders on pretty much any amp.. just takes some experimentation to get what you want.

The Two stroke is on my Xmas list (of random stuff i want but want someone else to buy for me)

The video by Orange is really well done, one of the better ones for sure, and it shows the power of a parametric eq/boost.. and i am a big fan of them..

use them as a clean boost, an overdrive of various flavours, or to change the character of the sound.. cant see why anyone wouldn't find a use for one..

cheers
-Ian-

Orange Rocker 30c, PPC212 & PPC112, Fender DRRI, Marshall 2266
2012 Gibson LP Standard, 2001 Gibson LP DC Standard
2009 Fender Am. Standard Strat, 1999 Fender Am. Hardtail Strat
2014 G&L Fallout

***insert great photos of gear here***

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Fri May 12, 2017 6:55 pm

Mystic38 wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 5:20 pm
No i haven't..

fwiw I have a Empress ParaEQ, but that is more expensive but it does wonders on pretty much any amp.. just takes some experimentation to get what you want.

The Two stroke is on my Xmas list (of random stuff i want but want someone else to buy for me)

The video by Orange is really well done, one of the better ones for sure, and it shows the power of a parametric eq/boost.. and i am a big fan of them..

use them as a clean boost, an overdrive of various flavours, or to change the character of the sound.. cant see why anyone wouldn't find a use for one..

cheers
Errr... SEMI parametric you mean. :wink:
A parametric EQ has 3 controls per frequency band, not two.
The Empress gives some (switchable) control over the 'Q' = bandwidth so is almost there. The Two Stroke claims to have a 'finely tuned Q curve', whatever that means. But a true parametric has full control over three things per EQ band: frequency + gain + bandwidth. If it only has two it isn't a real parametric control, whatever they call it... :shock:

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

Mystic38
Orange Expert

Post by Mystic38 » Sat May 13, 2017 1:05 pm

fixed !! :D
a.hun wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 6:55 pm
Mystic38 wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 5:20 pm
No i haven't..

fwiw I have a EQ3B, but that is more cheaper, but not a pedal but it does wonders on pretty much any amp.. just takes some experimentation to get what you want.

oh, and i also have an Empress ParaEQ

cheers
Errr... SEMI parametric you mean. :wink:
A parametric EQ has 3 controls per frequency band, not two.
The Empress gives some (switchable) control over the 'Q' = bandwidth so is almost there. The Two Stroke claims to have a 'finely tuned Q curve', whatever that means. But a true parametric has full control over three things per EQ band: frequency + gain + bandwidth. If it only has two it isn't a real parametric control, whatever they call it... :shock:

Andy.
-Ian-

Orange Rocker 30c, PPC212 & PPC112, Fender DRRI, Marshall 2266
2012 Gibson LP Standard, 2001 Gibson LP DC Standard
2009 Fender Am. Standard Strat, 1999 Fender Am. Hardtail Strat
2014 G&L Fallout

***insert great photos of gear here***