Rocker 32

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Dannyboy82

Re: Rocker 32

Post by Dannyboy82 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:03 pm

I'm now running my rocker 15 with a ppc112, the improvement was not subtle!

I would urge anyone looking at the new rockers to try them with a few different cabs before writing them off.

terminatortears

Re: Rocker 32

Post by terminatortears » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:09 pm

Hey All,

Bit of a resurrection on this. I purchased a Rocker 32 about 3 weeks ago. The stereo imaging is no gimmick, it is one of the most beautiful and inspiring sounding amps I have ever played through. Overdrive and Natural channel are excellent, depending on the setup of your pedal board- which I think should be a major determination in whether or not you investigate this amp. Honestly, if you aren't running a stereo pedal board- you are probably wasting your money, since it is the main and most unique feature of this amp.

There ARE compromises. I agree that it has a "thinnish" quality in certain frequencies, though I found I could help this by modifying my attack...so far. The low end thumps, but it doesn't boom. I definitely miss that from 2X12.
But on the other hand- I have access to many different amps, and I pulled the trigger on this in part because come studio time- I can throw this into the mix next to the Deluxe Reverb, AC30, or even a JC-120, and the tones will be massive. As mentioned, I assume that in using this amp- one has a stereo pedal board setup, and that is where things get exciting. I have sat in between the Rocker 32 and a Blues Jr. running stereo and carried myself off into a daze. It's incredible. I got some boom and punch back from the 12, and I kept the thump and pinpoint focus of the 2X10's. Then I plugged back into the Rocker 32 in stereo and loved it just as much.

In conclusion:
This is my first Orange amp and I am in a bit of niche as a customer for them. I grew up an acoustic guitar player whose style ranges from delicate finger picking arpeggios, to gypsy jazz/punk rock inspired thrashing on chordal ideas. I was always told to go to Fender/Vox for cleans. I love the sound of those amps- but over (literally) the last several years demoing Orange's I find cleans that can handle all my approaches without getting glassy or muddy. I am happy with this sound, it's what I have been looking for.