NPD x2

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Jondog
Duke of Orange

NPD x2

Post by Jondog » Fri May 05, 2017 3:07 am

Digitech Synth Wah, kind of a weird pedal thats fun to mess with. I owned one when they were still relatively a new product and sold it a few a years ago and it was almost difficult to give it away. Think I ended up selling it for $30 or something. One of those pedals I regretted selling because I really got nothing for it and it was a fun tool. NOW they sell well over $100 and I sure wouldn't pay that much, can get the new Digitech Robo Talk for the same price these are selling for online. This one happened to pop up in the local classifieds at a reasonable price so I snatched it up, restored my regret.
The Ibanez Fuzz FZ-7 was a good price too and thought would be a fun pedal to mod. Kind of a Big Muff type fuzz with some unique features including what looks like a fixed graphic EQ in the schematic.

Bensnake
Orange Master

Re: NPD x2

Post by Bensnake » Fri May 05, 2017 9:56 pm

Cool pedals! What does a synth wah do?
RV100 MKIII | '75 OR120 | OR100 | OR50 | CS50 | R30H | TT
2 x PPC412
Bax B. | Amp D.

Marshall 1959 HW + 1936V
Fender '65 Super Reverb Reissue
Vox AC30C2X + V212C

Playing Les Pauls and Teles...

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Re: NPD x2

Post by Jondog » Fri May 05, 2017 10:31 pm

Bensnake wrote:Cool pedals! What does a synth wah do?
It has 7 different settings or functions. Two different envelope filters -up or down which would be like using a wah in one direction only. An autowah setting, two filter and two synth settings which is where things get weird. Kind of hi fi linear sounding distortion that sweeps through a frequency spectrum or vowel sounds. Responds to pick attack and frequencies according to the knob settings. It can be run in stereo, where one output is dry, has a cab sim built in if you want to run it into a mixing board.