Rockerverb for Classic Rock?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

NB__England

Re: Rockerverb for Classic Rock?

Post by NB__England » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:39 pm

I was looking for what I called "Marshall ESQUE", meaning British rather than American. If I wanted Marshall obviously that is what I would buy.
With regards the Rocker 32, as good an amp as I'm sure it is the stereo aspect does not impress me tbh, a bit gimicky for my needs.
I am very interested in the Rocker 15 though, I could use a second practice amp at home and it looks like a great introduction to the Orange tone, don't think I will rest until I've got one, GAS pressure is building !!
Orange TH30 Head
Orange Rocker 15
2 - 2x12ppc Open back

secretsoundz

Post by secretsoundz » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:40 am

Eddie Famine wrote:For classic rock, get an OR50.
This! :mrgreen:
:mrgreen:

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:32 am

NB__England wrote:I was looking for what I called "Marshall ESQUE", meaning British rather than American. If I wanted Marshall obviously that is what I would buy.
With regards the Rocker 32, as good an amp as I'm sure it is the stereo aspect does not impress me tbh, a bit gimicky for my needs.
I am very interested in the Rocker 15 though, I could use a second practice amp at home and it looks like a great introduction to the Orange tone, don't think I will rest until I've got one, GAS pressure is building !!

You don't have to use the stereo option ! But it's there if you want ...
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

NB__England

Post by NB__England » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:43 pm

So, after not too much deliberation I have joined the Orange club. Just a tentative step though. I bought a Rocker 15.
The theory is that it will give me a good idea of what Orange tone is all about, yes I know, the amps all sound different but it gives me an idea.
Not had even an hour with it yet but my first thoughts are just as everyone says, the Natural channel is great with a tele which is good news as I play our first set entirely with a tele. I feel I now know what the dirty channel is all about too, great to have 3 band eq, easy to dial in a tone. Also plugged an EHX Cathedral into the fx loop which was another good experience.
It appears you can plug a 2 x12 cab in while still running the internal speaker which could be a cool combination, of course I could be wrong there.
So far, it seems like a very good purchase and introduction to the world of Orange.
Orange TH30 Head
Orange Rocker 15
2 - 2x12ppc Open back

secretsoundz

Post by secretsoundz » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:30 pm

NB__England wrote:So, after not too much deliberation I have joined the Orange club. Just a tentative step though. I bought a Rocker 15.
The theory is that it will give me a good idea of what Orange tone is all about, yes I know, the amps all sound different but it gives me an idea.
Not had even an hour with it yet but my first thoughts are just as everyone says, the Natural channel is great with a tele which is good news as I play our first set entirely with a tele. I feel I now know what the dirty channel is all about too, great to have 3 band eq, easy to dial in a tone. Also plugged an EHX Cathedral into the fx loop which was another good experience.
It appears you can plug a 2 x12 cab in while still running the internal speaker which could be a cool combination, of course I could be wrong there.
So far, it seems like a very good purchase and introduction to the world of Orange.
Awesome man! Congrats on your new Orange.
:mrgreen:

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:40 pm

Congrats!!!!!

I've got one of the original R30, the dirty channel is a thing of beauty.
I'd love to try your 15w version, I reckon it would be even more useful to me Re: volume level.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

NB__England

Post by NB__England » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:39 pm

You would be welcome to try it out Ant but you may find the trip from Derby to Somerset a bit prohibitive.
RE Volume levels I have found the half watt setting really useful, gets way louder than my TV which is what I use as an audio barometer with regards neighbors but still maintains a very good tone. I have also found that, to my ears the amp sounds better in a mix with backing tracks/looper pedal, than it does standalone. I think it needs a thrashing at rehearsals to loosen the speaker a bit.
Definitely eyeing a 2x12 ob cab as well.
Orange TH30 Head
Orange Rocker 15
2 - 2x12ppc Open back