Micro Terror PPC108 full stack

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

WatchMeBurn

Micro Terror PPC108 full stack

Post by WatchMeBurn » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:12 pm

Apologies if this has already been answered somewhere else in this forum.

I have a Micro Terror head and I would like to use 2 ppc108 speakers - mostly because it just looks so cool. I have 2 ppc108 cabinets and one of them has two speaker connectors while the other cabinet only has one connector. The first cabinet is labeled 'Lead Guitar Speaker Cabinet /20W RMS 8 ohms' Model: PPC108-17702-0214.
The second cabinet (with single connector) is labeled ppc-108 '20W RMS 8 ohm Guitar Speaker Cabinet' model: ppc-108-33209-1215.

To the unknowing (like me) it would seem that this was designed to connect the amp to the dual connector cabinet and then use the remaining cabinet connector to connect to the second cabinet. After reading other posts in this forum I'm not sure that this will work without damaging the amp.

Any help on this subject is appreciated.

Thanks

4seven3

Re: Micro Terror PPC108 full stack

Post by 4seven3 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:02 pm

That's the way I had mine hooked up when I had that same setup. Sounds pretty good, just make sure you use speaker cable and not just instrument cable.

megalithic
Orange Hero

Post by megalithic » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:07 pm

Depends which version of the Micro Terror you have, the older ones say on the back you can go down to 4 ohms, the newer ones 8 ohms minimum (that wouldn't work, you need 4 if you connect two cabs).

I use my early version to connect to 2 8ohm 12" cabs (non-Orange) and it works fine. Although some people on here have posted that for them it doesn't work, I cannot speak for them. Perhaps there were more than 2 versions internally. I think I got mine the year they came out.

WatchMeBurn

Post by WatchMeBurn » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:23 pm

Thanks for the help. I do have the 4 Ohm minimum model of the amp. Both speakers are connected and it sounds (and looks!) great.
I also connected my Fender Greta to one PPC108 and the sound is vastly improved over the stock speaker.
The staff at the local Guitar Center had no idea about any of this so I'm glad that I found this forum.