Anderton's video, New Rocker Amp's!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Stu Cazz
Rocker

Anderton's video, New Rocker Amp's!

Post by Stu Cazz » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:56 pm

Didn't watch it yet, had to share ASAP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_1N0gwJm_Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Micro Crush/Crush Pix 12L/Micro Terror/TH30 Head with 2x PPC112/Bax Bangeetar

misterfolkertsma
Orange Expert

Re: Anderton's video, New Rocker Amp's!

Post by misterfolkertsma » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:00 pm

Many new Rocker video's in general! Here's what I've found so far...

Ade discussing the series:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUWk38pI3RE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Orange Amps demo videos, R32 & R15:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN-xrbkAFxQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLdodcyorZ4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reverb.com:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llMsxp5aleg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Andertons @ NAMM17:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKuk-pBLTKA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PMTVUK:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RkhTPxxAR0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GAK:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW2muVW0XdE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Guitar Center:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BHNBuvimEE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Guitar Magazine R15:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9nSOxVV__M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bensnake
Orange Master

Post by Bensnake » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:10 pm

I just got here. Haven't had the chance to check out the vids yet. So what say you? Is this new Rocker series a "blockbuster"?
RV100 MKIII | '75 OR120 | OR100 | OR50 | CS50 | R30H | TT
2 x PPC412
Bax B. | Amp D.

Marshall 1959 HW + 1936V
Fender '65 Super Reverb Reissue
Vox AC30C2X + V212C

Playing Les Pauls and Teles...

misterfolkertsma
Orange Expert

Post by misterfolkertsma » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:16 pm

Well, I'm super interested in the 2x10" R32. It sounds fine as far as I can tell through youtube, which of course depends so much on how they actually record the amps. And I don't think it will sound the same as my R30, which is fine. I buy amps to add different flavours to the mix.

Whether it's a blockbuster is hard to tell. It's definitely surprising with its stereo setup, having that wet-dry setup going on inside just a single amp is a cool concept! Some people drag a second amp to achieve that sound, with the R32 you could potentially do without a second amp. You just need the stage-hand to mic both speakers...

Oh and I'm happy to see a black version! I like my Orange's black.

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:58 pm

On the PMT video ....That's more like it, sounds great! Wow the natural channel sounds great cranked ! I was not expecting that !

Classic voiced just what I like.
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

kpunk56
Orange Hero

Post by kpunk56 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:53 pm

I wonder if the clean channel sounds like the th30, and the dirt more like the rocker. When I had the th30 , I thought the clean was the best clean channel I ever heard. All of the advertisements seem to be talking about how great the clean is.

If in fact this is like the dirt of the Rocker, and the clean of the TH .... This possibly could be an awesome amp.

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:02 pm

kpunk56 wrote:I wonder if the clean channel sounds like the th30, and the dirt more like the rocker. When I had the th30 , I thought the clean was the best clean channel I ever heard. All of the advertisements seem to be talking about how great the clean is.

If in fact this is like the dirt of the Rocker, and the clean of the TH .... This possibly could be an awesome amp.
Totally different design than the TH30 clean channel, which is actually the Rockerverbs clean channel. It's a single gain stage, TH30 has two in the clean section. Dirt channel is the same as the original Rocker 30 which is only 3 gain stages.

johnnyblues
Rocker

Post by johnnyblues » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:23 am

Rocker 32 is the biz! I'm loving the stereo/panning capabilities, 2x10 speakers sound tight and focused, the bedroom to headroom feature, and of course that Orange tone that we all know and love! On another note, that was probably one of the best playing Chappers did on any vid, to date! :shock:

God made man... everything else is made in China!

Bensnake
Orange Master

Post by Bensnake » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:48 pm

Now I've looked at/listened to all the vids. I must say I'm impressed. The bedroom mode seems like a great idea. So does the stereo effects loop though the idea didn't appeal to me when I first heard of it.

Two questions;
1. Are the schematics identical with the R30?
2. Are they UK made?
RV100 MKIII | '75 OR120 | OR100 | OR50 | CS50 | R30H | TT
2 x PPC412
Bax B. | Amp D.

Marshall 1959 HW + 1936V
Fender '65 Super Reverb Reissue
Vox AC30C2X + V212C

Playing Les Pauls and Teles...

jockeapa
Tiny Terror

Post by jockeapa » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:13 pm

Bensnake wrote:Now I've looked at/listened to all the vids. I must say I'm impressed. The bedroom mode seems like a great idea. So does the stereo effects loop though the idea didn't appeal to me when I first heard of it.

Two questions;
1. Are the schematics identical with the R30?
2. Are they UK made?
Dunno about the circuit but at least the R32 is made in China.
Great looking/sounding amp anyhow, wakes my slumbering GAS again... :mrgreen:
Jocke

Rocker 30C
TT
PPC 112
VOX AC30HW2X
'65 Fender DRRI Limited Edition
-79 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe
-82 Ibanez Blazer BL550RB
-86 Squier Strat
-94 Fender P-Bass
-05 Gibson SG '61 RI
-14 Fender Classic Player Baja '60s Tele

kpunk56
Orange Hero

Post by kpunk56 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:24 pm

Is it me, or does the dirty channel on the rockers seem sort of loose and fizzy, Out of all the video clips I watched. I did not see one that impressed me too much ...

Video clips can not be a great representation always, I do realize this.

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:19 pm

kpunk56 wrote:Is it me, or does the dirty channel on the rockers seem sort of loose and fizzy, Out of all the video clips I watched. I did not see one that impressed me too much ...

Of the videos I've seen definitely not fizzy ....As for loose ....It sounds like a British amp for more classic rock tones. The 15 watt should be a good replacement for the TT ....Much more versatile.

I do think there should be head version s though.
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

kpunk56
Orange Hero

Post by kpunk56 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:20 pm

I guess my definition of loose might differ from other opinions. Instead of loose, I should say the dirty tones do not seem to have much girth or richness.... sort of thin to my ears from most of the clips I have seen and heard.

I also feel that alot of people try to scoop mids when they demo a dirty tone... never good... mids are where its at.

fiveightandten
Orange Master

Post by fiveightandten » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:40 am

kpunk56 wrote:Is it me, or does the dirty channel on the rockers seem sort of loose and fizzy, Out of all the video clips I watched. I did not see one that impressed me too much ...

I agree. The dirty channel is a bit fizzy and wooly for my tastes, personally. There's too much white noise riding on top of the fundamental (but this is the case with most modern amps). The natural channel sounds pretty good when it gets wound up.

Cool designs though, I'm sure these will hit the mark for a lot of people. It would be nice if they made head versions though.

-Nick
'71 GRO100 || '96 OR-80 || AD30 || '64 AC-50 || AC-30TBX || Hiwatt DR504 || HI-TONE HT30
LP Standard || LP Studio || LP Custom Lite || Ric 620 || Ric 360 || MIA Tele || SG 61 RI

kpunk56
Orange Hero

Post by kpunk56 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:07 pm

I cannot wait for shootouts with these up against the original rocker 30s. Maybe comparisons to the th30s also. I feel they should of maybe stuck with el34s. But maybe the el84 power section is the secret to the clean channel being better.. since that is more similar to the th30 because the clean channel is so awesome in those.