Selling amps...?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Bensnake
Orange Master

Re: Selling amps...?

Post by Bensnake » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:17 pm

No I didn't. Stingy bastards... :mrgreen: We'll see this time. What's a fair price i svenska riksdaler? Mint cond, 2014, never played outside the cave. Should I start with 9k? Regarding the Kemper; I really, and I mean really, love the toaster look! I suppose you could get the rack version if you disagree... :) Känner du grabbarna i Två Blyga Läppar? En kille jag känner, eller rättare sagt en av mina bästa vänners son, ska börja lira keyboard med dem.
RV100 MKIII | '75 OR120 | OR100 | OR50 | CS50 | R30H | TT
2 x PPC412
Bax B. | Amp D.

Marshall 1959 HW + 1936V
Fender '65 Super Reverb Reissue
Vox AC30C2X + V212C

Playing Les Pauls and Teles...

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:30 pm

Bensnake wrote:No I didn't. Stingy bastards... :mrgreen: We'll see this time. What's a fair price i svenska riksdaler? Mint cond, 2014, never played outside the cave. Should I start with 9k? Regarding the Kemper; I really, and I mean really, love the toaster look! I suppose you could get the rack version if you disagree... :) Känner du grabbarna i Två Blyga Läppar? En kille jag känner, eller rättare sagt en av mina bästa vänners son, ska börja lira keyboard med dem.

I couldn't agree more. Great to see there is no Swedish equivalent of ' stingy bastards' :)
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

MikeD
Orange Expert

Post by MikeD » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:10 pm

Ronnie Robinson wrote:Great to see there is no Swedish equivalent of ' stingy bastards' :)
... There is... It pretty much goes out by naming the "province" we live in :lol:... it's especially well known for cheapskates!!!
Bensnake wrote:No I didn't. Stingy bastards... :mrgreen: We'll see this time. What's a fair price i svenska riksdaler? Mint cond, 2014, never played outside the cave. Should I start with 9k? Regarding the Kemper; I really, and I mean really, love the toaster look! I suppose you could get the rack version if you disagree... :) Känner du grabbarna i Två Blyga Läppar? En kille jag känner, eller rättare sagt en av mina bästa vänners son, ska börja lira keyboard med dem.
Price wise it's really hard to put your finger on it these days... I just moved 2 monitors for double what I could of 3 months ago??!!... and other gear I'm still sitting with?!

We opened for them last year so no I don't know them but I had a good look at their gear....especially the toaster (you called it that first :lol:)...and the gigantic bass rig they had, Orange of course 8)!
Gibson: Angus Young SG 03 / LP Standard 05 / Firebird V 01
Orange: RV50 mkII & ppc212-c / Micro Dark & ppc112 / TH30 Combo

kpunk56
Orange Hero

Post by kpunk56 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:52 pm

My usual reason for selling a piece of gear. ... is because I want something else and cannot afford it. I do not have the luxury of keeping every piece of gear... I do have my max amount of guitars... I have 5 ....... I know this might sound weird. But I do not even like having more than that. I start to feel overwelmed because ... I like to upgrade them . I like to try different pickups , change hardware around.. etc. If I were to have more than 5 , I start feeling overwelmed as each might have a project in mind, that I cannot get to right away.

So Anyhow, I feel like if you need to sell for gain of something else. Go for it, If you do not need to , hang on to them until you do .. I would keep the Orange though.

sadcorps
Rocker

Post by sadcorps » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:31 pm

I have owned my Orange since 2006 and am now at a point that I want to sell it. The reason? No room, much larger amp than I need, want to buy a smaller guitar amp and put a little cash in my pocket.

It has been forever since I have sold any gear and I am wondering, in 2017 what are the best avenues to do so? Would it be Craigslist? Reverb.com? I do not want to ship this beast as it is a head and two cabinets. Unless of course there is an EASY way to ship (for example, I drive the gear someplace and they box it/ship it etc.). I want to avoid taking it to a guitar shop for trade as I fear I will lose my butt on it.

Thanks for any input and help here.

John Schuller
1971 Fender Precision Bass > Malekko Heavy Industry Barker Assmaster > Orange AD200B > Orange OCB410/Orange OCB115

onetracker
Rocker

Post by onetracker » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:03 pm

MikeD wrote:So you never managed to get rid of the mkll last time eh? The lead guitarist in 2 blyga läppar uses a Kemper.... Really hard to hear the difference when live but I can't get over it's looks.... it kind of reminds me of what people of the 50's thought things in the future would look like :lol:

... To bad you aren't getting rid of the open back.... I could of helped you there :lol:
seriously.
looks like an over-engineered toaster.
what can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof