New Guy says Hi after NAD

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

SpannerMonkey

New Guy says Hi after NAD

Post by SpannerMonkey » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:26 pm

Hi all.

I thought after a while viewing the forum I would join and say hello. I've learnt quite a bit reading back through the myriad of posts. I've been playing guitar on and off for over 20 years. Been in a couple of bands briefly, but never had the time/dedication to keep it up. Thats changed over the last year as I find I've got more spare time on my hands. So i've upgraded some of my old rig including a new amp, the CR60C. Excellent bit of kit, loud enough for jamming and should do the job gigging in the hopefully not distant future. I spent a lot of time deciding what amp to buy, with all the usual considerations we all face. Along with testing amps in stores, this guy's YouTube channel was a big help...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC45Dvl ... uHZDwUPvKA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave Simpson, a fantastic guitarist and YouTuber. If you are using a CrushPro model amp I would highly recommend checking out his “How many tones can you get out of one amp?” series.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... KbqUdeoHuD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He absolutly nails the tone of the artist in question, using only a guitar and a CR120H. Whilst my playing is nowhere near his level I find his amp settings very useful. Despite using a different guitar to Dave Simpson and having the CR60C, his EQ settings still work, or at the very least give me a good starting point. He has done 19 different tones to date, with hopefully more to come. I found them so useful I typed them up and printed them out. To that end I've uploaded a pdf copy of this here.

http://www.megafileupload.com/otRO/Dave ... ushPro.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check out Dave's channel and I hope someone finds the pdf useful.

Cheers

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Re: New Guy says Hi after NAD

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:27 pm

Hi welcome to the forum! Enjoy your amp.
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

langmurf
Rocker

Post by langmurf » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:30 am

Congrats on your NAD; enjoy your new amp!
Orange Rocker 15 Combo, Orange Two Stroke
2007 Gibson Melody Maker; Cort Steinberger

ryandilello5

Post by ryandilello5 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:06 am

I'm so glad someone else enjoys Dave's videos as much as I do. His videos introduced me to Orange. A great player with an even greater personality.
Welcome to the forum!