Some minor blues!!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

AryaS
Tiny Terror

Some minor blues!!

Post by AryaS » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:55 am

A small simple blues track!! Would like to know what you think!! All sorts of feedback appreciated from ruthless to nice, I'm totally open to any feedback!! But please do!!

https://soundcloud.com/aryasridhar/slow-12-bar-blues" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ibanez FRM100TR
Fender Mexican Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Brown (50's Wired)
Faith Apollo Neptune w/ LR Baggs Lyric System
Washburn HB-35, MIJ

Rockitt Retro 50 - 1968 Lead Spec
Mesa Boogie Mark V
Fender Blues Junior (1997)
Gibson GA-5

fiveightandten
Orange Master

Re: Some minor blues!!

Post by fiveightandten » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:48 pm

I think it would add to things if you brought the dynamics up and down a bit. It's tasteful to play sparse, as you are here. But I found myself waiting to see where it was going, and things never really heated up.

Some of the notes you're playing aren't being hit with much confidence. If you choose to play a note, play like you've committed to it. That doesn't mean everything has to be plucked hard, but try and plan your phrases out, then execute them.

It sounded good though. A lot of guys tend to over play. You're leaving lots of room, which is nice. But i'd personally like to hear things get less sparse from time to time, and hear a bit more conviction in what you're playing. Don't shy away from playing some more aggressive notes from time to time.

Thanks for sharing!
'71 GRO100 || '96 OR-80 || AD30 || '64 AC-50 || AC-30TBX || Hiwatt DR504 || HI-TONE HT30
LP Standard || LP Studio || LP Custom Lite || Ric 620 || Ric 360 || MIA Tele || SG 61 RI

Blue Notes

Post by Blue Notes » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:56 pm

The backing track doesn't sound like minor chords, they sound like seven chords to me, but I'm listening on a phone so it's a little hard to tell. The notes you play over a Major Blues will differ some what from the notes you play over a minor blues. When you play your solo over a jam track, listen to see if you're fitting in.

I agree you need to put more umph into it, excitement so to speak. Use your scale for musical phrases, and ideas to draw in the listener. Use tension and release to push forward through the progression, and play like you're in control of the instrument instead of it sounding like it's in control of you.

Blue Notes
•FCS LTD Golden '50s 1954 Stratocaster In Cimarron Red

•Orange TH30C

AryaS
Tiny Terror

Post by AryaS » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:02 am

Thank You guys, really appreciate the comments/feedback, I sure will work on the suggestions, yes, there's a ton of scope for improvement overall.
Ibanez FRM100TR
Fender Mexican Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Brown (50's Wired)
Faith Apollo Neptune w/ LR Baggs Lyric System
Washburn HB-35, MIJ

Rockitt Retro 50 - 1968 Lead Spec
Mesa Boogie Mark V
Fender Blues Junior (1997)
Gibson GA-5