CR120 box + packaging

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

ZOZO_101

CR120 box + packaging

Post by ZOZO_101 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:18 am

Hi Folks

New to this Orange Overdrive forum.

Looking for some information regarding CR120h packaging and contents.

Am I correct in saying , all new ORANGE amps are shipped Double boxed, with warranty card/manual , power lead ??

Cheers

ZOZO :D

BeyondTheSunn

Re: CR120 box + packaging

Post by BeyondTheSunn » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:28 pm

Welcome. :) Yep, double boxed, foam packing stuff, manual/warranty, power lead. :)

Ro_S

Post by Ro_S » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:05 am

I've recently received a CR120 head and it was boxed in a odd way.

It's supposed to be brand new. I bought it from an official Orange dealer. It was delivered by courier.

It was not double boxed. It was not in a tight fitting box. The box had no Orange branding on it. Instead, it was in a single, massively oversized box with lots of packing inside it. It wasn't factory wrapped, sealed or boxed. The user manual and the power lead were loose inside the big box - and neither were bagged/wrapped.

Is the above manner of packaging normal? (I've not had an Orange amp before.)

It seems dodgy?

I'm concerned I've been sent some kind of B stock, customer return, or ex-demo item.

Any views on this?

thanks

Rozz
Tiny Terror

Post by Rozz » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:05 pm

Ro_S wrote:I've recently received a CR120 head and it was boxed in a odd way.

It's supposed to be brand new. I bought it from an official Orange dealer. It was delivered by courier.

It was not double boxed. It was not in a tight fitting box. The box had no Orange branding on it. Instead, it was in a single, massively oversized box with lots of packing inside it. It wasn't factory wrapped, sealed or boxed. The user manual and the power lead were loose inside the big box - and neither were bagged/wrapped.

Is the above manner of packaging normal? (I've not had an Orange amp before.)

It seems dodgy?

I'm concerned I've been sent some kind of B stock, customer return, or ex-demo item.

Any views on this?

thanks

When I bought my TH30 combo from a well known reputable UK dealer, it arrived in a CR120C box which was much too big for it, very badly packed and the power lead was loose. When I rang them up to query it, they said that they open up and check the item before then shipping it to the customer, which is fair enough, but still bad that it was not in the correct, original box. I then checked the serial number with Orange themselves and all was ok, not B stock. So give them a ring of you are unsure, but I expect it is ok. Bad procedure though.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional, Classic and Tribute. Fender American Standard Strat, Fender MIM Tele, Taylor GS Mini
Orange TH30c with G12H30 Anniversary speaker, 2xOrange PPC112 cabs
Roland Blues Cube Artist. CR120H. Dual Terror

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:01 am

Sounds like it was a floor model and the original packaging was not retained by the shop for the purpose of shipping. Some (better) retailers would classify that as a "Demo", disclose/advertise it as such, and sell it at a discount.

Ro_S

Post by Ro_S » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:32 pm

Thanks for replies.

Yes, it strikes me that it was a shop display item.

The box it was in was not marked in any way and it was about six times the size of the item.

And they sent me the wrong finish. I ordered the black tolex.

I'm gonna have it returned.

Why can't anyone do anything properly anymore. Why does everything with a retailer have to turn into a hassle.

OrangeBoy
Tiny Terror

Post by OrangeBoy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:28 pm

My CR60C was shipped in an Orange emblazed double box with foam packaging, power lead, warranty and manual. I think this should be the norm but unfortunately probably not.

"Why can't anyone do anything properly anymore. Why does everything with a retailer have to turn into a hassle." It's sad state of affairs that this is all to common in many areas of retail. It seems a lot of people just don't care.

ZOZO_101

Post by ZOZO_101 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:19 pm

Howdy Ro_S & Orangeboy

I recently purchased a BRAND NEW ORANGE CR120H from a reputable online store, and received the amp via Courier, in a huge Marshall DSL box with loads of packaging, "printed manual" from internet, no warranty card and a loose power lead.

I was also assured that it was a brand new amp, but queried this, as I was concerned that I may have been sold "display or showroom model" .

Anyway, currently awaiting BRAND NEW CR120H direct from ORANGE factory..........patiently waiting at time of writing.

Zozo