Where to find white stacks?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

tsrautia

Where to find white stacks?

Post by tsrautia » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:19 am

Let's keep it simple: I want to buy Orange Thunderverb/Rockerverb/Rocker head and cab in Limited white color. It seems to be quite impossible to find them in my country or even in Europe. Found some items in USA but toll costs are too much. So if someone has some tips where I could find the beauties please help! :)
Last edited by tsrautia on Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: Where to find white stacks?

Post by Les Paul Lover » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:56 am

You don't say which country you're in?
You can add that to your profile, it often saves a lot when doing recommendations, as the options available in the UK, Europe and USA/Canada can be quite different.

Unfortunately, the white tolex isn't an option - they were available for order in limited runs for a year, twice. The first year was simply white tolex for regular tolex (black piping, regular handle), the 2nd year they did it was to commemorate something so memorable I have no idea what it is, and had gold piping and I think gold handle too.

These limited runs are over now, and getting one of these is down to NOS still unsold, or 2nd hand market.

An option that you may want to consider and may be cost economic is to buy a used head with tolex rips, you should be able to get a good price for these, and commission a cab manufacturer to make you a brand new headsleeve and matching cab for it.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Stu Cazz
Rocker

Post by Stu Cazz » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:19 am

I found this:
http://www.gear4music.es/es/Guitarra-y- ... Blanco/ZDE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Micro Crush/Crush Pix 12L/Micro Terror/TH30 Head with 2x PPC112/Bax Bangeetar

tsrautia

Post by tsrautia » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:20 am

Les Paul Lover wrote:You don't say which country you're in?
You can add that to your profile, it often saves a lot when doing recommendations, as the options available in the UK, Europe and USA/Canada can be quite different.

Unfortunately, the white tolex isn't an option - they were available for order in limited runs for a year, twice. The first year was simply white tolex for regular tolex (black piping, regular handle), the 2nd year they did it was to commemorate something so memorable I have no idea what it is, and had gold piping and I think gold handle too.

These limited runs are over now, and getting one of these is down to NOS still unsold, or 2nd hand market.

An option that you may want to consider and may be cost economic is to buy a used head with tolex rips, you should be able to get a good price for these, and commission a cab manufacturer to make you a brand new headsleeve and matching cab for it.
Yep sorry I didn't mention my location but now it is added to my profile: Finland.

2nd hand is the one I have been looking for but at least in Finland there has been none in the markets. Retolexing an "orange" one was in my mind too but out-of-the-box white model would be much easier option at the moment.

Stu Cazz
Rocker

Post by Stu Cazz » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:25 am

Don't find any stacks!

Stu Cazz
Rocker

Post by Stu Cazz » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:01 am

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/142002710109" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Funny didn't know this things had an orange backplate, looks wrorg to me.

Thats a head, and it looks dirty!

Stu Cazz
Rocker

Post by Stu Cazz » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:06 am

A cab 212, but that same shop has a 412 I think.
http://www.muziker.de/orange-ppc212-2-x ... tion-white" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit: yup they do.....
http://www.muziker.de/orange-ppc412-4-x ... tion-white" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stu Cazz
Rocker

Post by Stu Cazz » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:14 am

They also have a limited edition Alpine White American std. Tele!!!
Haha

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:18 am

Stu Cazz wrote: Thats a head, and it looks dirty!
That was my main thought when they released them - they are gonna look dirty very quick!!!!

Anyway, nothing quite like a forumite with time on their hands to solve problems!!!! We will set you more challenges Stu Cazz!!! :D
Ant

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:24 am

tsrautia wrote:
Les Paul Lover wrote:You don't say which country you're in?

Yep sorry I didn't mention my location but now it is added to my profile: Finland.

2nd hand is the one I have been looking for but at least in Finland there has been none in the markets. Retolexing an "orange" one was in my mind too but out-of-the-box white model would be much easier option at the moment.

In Finland I assume the 2nd hand market is much smaller, so you'll probably need to tap in the EU market and pay higher shipping.

I still reckon the most cost economic is to get get a head sleeve built for a Head with well worn sleeve. If you were to contact a company like Zilla, (UK company making high quality cabs) you could probably get a cab and sleeve sent at the same time and save on shipping too.
Ant

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:35 am

Just checked Zilla's Web site, they ship to Europe.

http://zillacabs.com/2x12_cabs.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Their fatboy PPC212 seem very much like an Orange PPC212 in terms of size and weight (and is shown in white too for added convenience..... ;)).
Ant

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:30 pm

tsrautia wrote:Let's keep it simple: I want to buy Orange Thunderverb/Rockerverb/Rocker head and cab in Limited white color. It seems to be quite impossible to find them in my country or even in Europe. Found some items in USA but toll costs are too much. So if someone has some tips where I could find the beauties please help! :)
Time machine is your best bet... :mrgreen:

It would be incredibly difficult, even here in the USA, to find what you're looking for. They're around on ebay every so often but it would need a lot of patience.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Stu Cazz
Rocker

Post by Stu Cazz » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:45 pm

Les Paul Lover wrote:
Stu Cazz wrote: Thats a head, and it looks dirty!
That was my main thought when they released them - they are gonna look dirty very quick!!!!

Anyway, nothing quite like a forumite with time on their hands to solve problems!!!! We will set you more challenges Stu Cazz!!! :D
Not really much time investment there, just a few quick searches during my coffee break.
The key was probably to use other languages.

This forum helped me to get some things straight when I wasn't even a member, so I'm happy if I can give something back.

Back on topic, if it was me, I would probably order the combo from one place and the 212 or 412 (depending on what purpose you have in mind) from the other and stack that.

Lama

Post by Lama » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:47 pm

When I was looking for a 412 cab in white 2 months ago I emailed Orange USA and they said they still had NOS 2014 limited editions in the wharehouse.
RV50MKII Ltd., white +
2 stack PPC112's Orange
Micro Dark Terror w/ PPC112 Black
Bax Bangeetar white

"Addicted to the Orange + Les Paul sound"

tsrautia

Post by tsrautia » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:55 am

Big thanks for your responses and suqqestions! The one in ebay would be okay but it's a bit too dirty :D Flightcases are must to have with white amps. I have one custom made white "mini-stack" and it needs some work to keep it white!

But need to continue searching. I would be happy if I have Oranges in few months 8)