Hey....Les Paul Lover...

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

lunchbox
Orange Hero

Hey....Les Paul Lover...

Post by lunchbox » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:09 pm

My youngest was playing around, so I had to get a shot. Immediately thought of your pic when he was standing there. :lol:

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Re: Hey....Les Paul Lover...

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:21 pm

He seems to of noticed the bass needs turning up !.......or maybe turning down
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:19 pm

Ah ah!!!!!

Lovely pic!!!! Yeah they love turning knobs at that ages..... I actually don't think it really stops. :D My son was just cruising when I took that pic, he couldn't walk yet, we were doing some DIY so the amp had been moved and was more accessible to him. He loved it! He quite liked turning the knobs with me playing too, but had to be careful of the occasional deafening result.

He's 3 & 1/2 now, and has been asking for an electric lately, so he can do like daddy and plug it in..... one of my DIY pedal...... He gets really frustrated his 1/2 classical can't be plugged in.

Good fun!!!!
Enjoy those moments with your son. They grow hope real fast!!!! Pretty scary. But hopefully you'll be able to make a small musician of him!!!!
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

lunchbox
Orange Hero

Post by lunchbox » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:26 am

That's great! I can't get our 7 year old interested at all. He was interested in drums years ago, so we bought him a little drum set. But he never plays it anymore.

I'm hoping our little guy will be interested. He likes to sit and strum my git on the floor, so who knows. But I'm always trying to get them both interested.

Cheers!
:D

thejay
Orange Expert

Post by thejay » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:41 am

Great pics! I bought my oldest a 3/4 sized strat for his 6th birthday but he hasn't taken to it as I thought he would though we have discovered over time he is a lefty....sooo.... that could be part of the problem. Hope if he is interested we can go the righty route, more things to choose from PLUS he gets to use all of daddys gear :D
Oranges - R32, OR50, R30, RVMKIII, OR100, AD30, OB212, CB212 (2x)
Non Orange - Mesa, Friedman, Vox & Marshall
Former Oranges - TT, JRT, OR15, RVMKII
YouTube https://bit.ly/2pSp3sk
http://bigbattlebear.bandcamp.com

FleshOnGear
Rocker

Post by FleshOnGear » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:21 pm

Mine has had flashes of interest, but the interest has never taken off. He's nine now, so I feel like he could really learn now if he wanted. I can't get him away from video games long enough, though! Geez, time flies...
Orange OR100
Marshall 2555SL
Freda 2x12's
Laney 2x12
Gibson Faded Flying V

lunchbox
Orange Hero

Post by lunchbox » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:42 pm

FleshOnGear wrote:I can't get him away from video games long enough, though!
And that is why playing music and hanging outisde with friends is dying out. It's really sad to see. My wife and I have talked about it, and game time will be strictly limited in our household. Our 7 year old gets games 2x a week for 1 hour each time. That's it. And we will never own a PS4, Xbox or any of that other crap. In fact, we don't even own a TV; just a computer.

BlackArrow

Post by BlackArrow » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:13 pm

Ahaha, enjoy these nice moments, you'll see in few years...
kids idolize their parents for the first decade :wink:
My son has been playing electric guitar and he was going with me to gigs (eg, AC/DC) 'til the age of 15...
now he's listening electronic stuff and he plays PS like the others... :(

you can not avoid it (unless if you keep them fully "isolated" from mates)

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:49 pm

Anyone here had any chance passing on the music gene to their offspring?

I'm hoping to get some results and surely I'll encourage my son and daughter to pick whichever instrument they want to play.

My cousin is a virtuoso guitarist, music teacher / lecturer, and has both his daughters going to some of thw vest conservatories (is that the right word? Advanced music studies!?) in France. They're amazing, and play some wonderful stuff all together.

My other cousin has allowed his daughters to pick an instrument to study. All 4 are doing really well, but time will tell if thw keep at it. They're ages range from 8 to 17, so far it's gone well.

Music is such an education, and opens up the doors of sensitivities to other art forms too.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

lunchbox
Orange Hero

Post by lunchbox » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:37 pm

I've been trying, but so far, no luck. Then again the older one is only 7, and I didn't take up guitar until I was 13, so there's still hope. I've been playing ever since (33 years now!). I have no intention of stopping. :wink: