Help with Pedal Board/Effects Chain

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Lance9109

Help with Pedal Board/Effects Chain

Post by Lance9109 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:37 pm

Hi all,

New to forum. Seeking some advice on my effects board/chain with a Rockerverb 50 MkII and Micro Dark.

Recently switched from a Boss GT100 back to stomp boxes. I am a bit of an effects novice but they're important to get the ambient tones and drive required for the band's I'm playing in (Brit Rock/Shoegaze). Problem I'm finding is that I just keep getting a dead/very dull tone, especially if trying to use any sort of drive pedals through either Clean or Dirty channel (gain at 11-1 o'clock). The drives in particular just 'clash'?

My chain is as follows:

Front: Guitar>Hotone Skyline Tuner/Clean Boost>Hotone Wah/Expression>Electro Harmonix Germanium 4 Big Muff (OD and Dist)>Electro Harmonix The Silencer (Noise Silencer)

Effects Loop: Eventide Modfactor (multi-modulation)>Electro Harmonix #1 Echo>TC Electronics Mini HOF>TC Electronics Dittox2 Looper

The EHX Germanium is a 60s style OD/Dist - light OD and more of a fuzzy Dist as you would expect from a Big Muff pedal.

Any gems of wisdom? Thanks in anticipation!

Lama

Re: Help with Pedal Board/Effects Chain

Post by Lama » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:33 am

No experience with the Micro, but my RV50 MkII does not like many if any pedals into the front of the amp whatsoever, except the Bax Bangeetar I got to be VERY happy through the front on the Clean channel only. Dirt channel no way!! I also know I can't have the reverb past 7:30 even on clean.

In the loop I have a clean EQ/boost and chorus and reverb. They work perfectly there in every way.

I'd suggest you wait for others to reply but my experience is the RV50MkII is not a drive/distortion/fuzz pedal friendly amp.

Your mileage may vary!
RV50MKII Ltd., white +
2 stack PPC112's Orange
Micro Dark Terror w/ PPC112 Black
Bax Bangeetar white

"Addicted to the Orange + Les Paul sound"

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Re: Help with Pedal Board/Effects Chain

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:46 am

Unfortunately Lama is entirely right imo- and the RV also does n't clean up well from the guitar either. These were my main issues with my RV which led to me selling mine.

I'd experiment with a boost pedal through each channel like the xotic EP booster.
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30