French rock? anyone?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Hubaxe
Orange Expert

French rock? anyone?

Post by Hubaxe » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:04 am

Not sure to grab any interest, but in case of one or two of you want to see our just released video.

All guitars have been recorded with my TH100 with a 4X12 cab with mixed speakers. Live condition recording (bass drums guitars) with amps in other rooms, no cut, the chorus has been improvised at the moment.

Here it is https://youtu.be/lP66i_gg3NY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm not susceptible at all, any comments welcome

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Re: French rock? anyone?

Post by a.hun » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:15 pm

Good stuff. Video and sound production well professional. Liked the mix - guitars sat nicely - maybe a shade shy but fine really, contrabass (harder to deal with sonically) sounded very good indeed. Strong material, playing and vocals - all good.

(Pity I don't speak French, but translating the description I think the message was probably pretty strong too.

Good work. Wish you success with it! 8)

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

Stu Cazz
Rocker

Post by Stu Cazz » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:08 pm

I dig it!
I loved the video, reminded me of Switzerland, I grew up there.
Miss it a lot Valencia is too Miami like, palms and beach and stuff.
It captured an atmosphere I'm familiar with, and brought back some good memories.
And the music and vocals did match that atmosphere pretty good.
Didn't understand much because I never had much interesst in learning french, mostly bacause it was obligatory at school (grew up in the german part of switzerland).

Really cool, and pro stuff right there!

Thanks!!
Micro Crush/Crush Pix 12L/Micro Terror/TH30 Head with 2x PPC112/Bax Bangeetar

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:30 pm

Yep that's good I like it a lot. Good tune and excellent vocal performance.

Is the guitar tone from the th100 dirty channel with gain turned down real low?
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

Hubaxe
Orange Expert

Post by Hubaxe » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:15 pm

Thanks for your feedback. I did not expect so much !

We do not intend to have success, we are all around or over 40, with jobs and kids (all the kids playing in the video are ours apart two borrowed to a neighbor :D ) , so our only objective is to create things we like.

The song title is "L'arme" that means "the weapon", but in french tears is "larme".

We are in the french Alps, so, not far from Switzerland, and some ambiance may feel the same.

the TH100 was in full mode (100w) not to have volume, but to keep the low end tight and powerful (I tried to put the head on 50w, and no way, I need my full headroom). If we take a 10 scale, Shape is 4,5, Gain a bit after 5.
I use an American Special Strat on the middle pickup.

Next song was recorded last saturday, video will be released hopefully end of May/beg of June.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:38 pm

Very good!!!

Your singer's voice is huge, very good.
Your drummer sounds like he isn't shady either, I heard some very nice rolls in the middle.

And Hubert, lovely shirt too.:) nice lead too, I really appreciate a guitar solo that prioritise feeling above speed, and that was very good IMO.

Borrowed 2 kids to the neighbours.... That made me chuckle Alright!!!!! :mrgreen:
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Hubaxe
Orange Expert

Post by Hubaxe » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:00 pm

Thanks Ant!

yes this shirt is ugly, and I can't explain why, I still take it for important things. I should see a therapist to solve this ugly shirt issue :D

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:33 pm

Hubaxe wrote:Thanks Ant!

yes this shirt is ugly, and I can't explain why, I still take it for important things. I should see a therapist to solve this ugly shirt issue :D
I wasn't saying ugly, just noticed that it seems to be your stage shirt from previous videos!!! :D
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

megalithic
Orange Hero

Post by megalithic » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:57 am

Hubaxe wrote:We do not intend to have success, we are all around or over 40, with jobs and kids (all the kids playing in the video are ours apart two borrowed to a neighbor :D ) , so our only objective is to create things we like.
It's really good though, professional looking video and the music is better than a lot of stuff on the radio.