Amp simulators

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

MikeD
Orange Expert

Re: Amp simulators

Post by MikeD » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:11 pm

Amplitube. It's pretty much the only option for bedroom levels and being able to get some "useable" gain. Mini-heads like the microterror are fun but if your used to playing high-gain stuff the volume tends to increase substantially :-)
Gibson: Angus Young SG 03 / LP Standard 05 / Firebird V 01
Orange: RV50 mkII & ppc212-c / Micro Dark & ppc112 / TH30 Combo

Wired
Orange Master

Post by Wired » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:26 pm

MikeD wrote:Amplitube. It's pretty much the only option for bedroom levels and being able to get some "useable" gain. Mini-heads like the microterror are fun but if your used to playing high-gain stuff the volume tends to increase substantially :-)
I'm running headphones. :) Can't wake up the toddler.... or the neighbors, or the wife... So yes, Amplitube is not a bad idea in the least bit...
-LK
RV50, Vox AC30, Gibson LP Trad '14, Gibson ES-335 '04, PRS Cu24 '10, Fender Tele Pro, Gretsch Powerjet

MikeD
Orange Expert

Post by MikeD » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:01 am

Wired wrote:
MikeD wrote:Amplitube. It's pretty much the only option for bedroom levels and being able to get some "useable" gain. Mini-heads like the microterror are fun but if your used to playing high-gain stuff the volume tends to increase substantially :-)
I'm running headphones. :) Can't wake up the toddler.... or the neighbors, or the wife... So yes, Amplitube is not a bad idea in the least bit...
Yeah than I think youve found what your looking for. I was quite impressed by the feeling you get from it, theyve done a pretty good job when it comes to string sensitivity and break-up and the sounds "remind" you of the real thing....well sort of. Some of the oranges are better than others and the slash marshalls are really fun :D
Gibson: Angus Young SG 03 / LP Standard 05 / Firebird V 01
Orange: RV50 mkII & ppc212-c / Micro Dark & ppc112 / TH30 Combo

Dunky
Orange Expert

Post by Dunky » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:31 am

If your using iPad or iPhone it's also worth checking out Jam up and Bias alongside Amplitube.
Both have good and not so good models.
If you buy one of the line 6 Sonic Port interfaces you get Mobile Pod for free and can still use the others.

SIXTENCONNECTOR

Post by SIXTENCONNECTOR » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:52 pm

Similiar to what a few others have said. I have been more than impressed with using the "Apogee Jam" ~$99 with plane old Garageband on my iPhone and iPad. The "sunshine" amp is pretty good IMO. Im sure Bias or Amplitude have better sims but GB isn't half bad at all and its free :-)
https://soundcloud.com/sixtenconnector/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... nnector-ep