NPD - An Oler Audio original!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

NPD - An Oler Audio original!

Post by Thinline_slim » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:13 pm

Some time ago I posted here if anyone knew of a boost pedal that was stereo, with independent volume controls for each side. Pretty much 2 pedal run off of one power supply and one foot switch. I know it's an oddball request and not very practical to anyone but a select few like me running a true stereo rig. And I'm doing that for no particular reason other than because I can! :lol:

I couldn't find something in that realm so what's the best logical next step? Hire someone far smarter than I to make one!

Here is a true original Oler Audio Stereo Blaster. It is two EP Booster circuits run off of one power supply and one switch, WITH an internal charge pump (doubling the voltage) and with top mounted FAT/standard eq switches.

And this thing sounds fantastic! Incredible tone! Neil knocked it out of the park.

Jake
OrangePaul wrote:Ok gitar lead to you Jake :D
"One of the 400"

http://www.purevolume.com/JakeMcallasterBand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Re: NPD - An Oler Audio original!

Post by a.hun » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:37 pm

Nice one. Haven't seen Neil here for a while. Good that he is still keeping himself usefully busy - say hi from the Orange side!

Must admit that though I've very occasionally gone true stereo (and now even have a stereo Ricky bass where you can send the p/ups in different directions) I hardly ever bother. Nearest I'll get is ABY'ing a mono signal to two amps, but even then hardly ever. Fun though and if you are serious about it then that double EP should be killer! 8)

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

mr_william
Orange Master

Post by mr_william » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:39 pm

good to hear he's doing well.

i remember seeing the carvin vintage 16 video he did and the rebote delay too. too funny!

another awesome use for this; put one side in front of the amp and one side in the fx's loop. push the front end for more compression/saturation, push more volume through the loop for a boost. kinda wondered why this's never been done before.
Will.
Bink wrote:Will you're a genius!! :D
Randy Bass wrote:For the record, mr_william is a genius :D .

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:34 am

mr_william wrote:...another awesome use for this; put one side in front of the amp and one side in the fx's loop. push the front end for more compression/saturation, push more volume through the loop for a boost. kinda wondered why this's never been done before.
This sounds like an awesome idea.

mr_william is still a genius.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:43 pm

Randy Bass wrote:
mr_william wrote:...another awesome use for this; put one side in front of the amp and one side in the fx's loop. push the front end for more compression/saturation, push more volume through the loop for a boost. kinda wondered why this's never been done before.
This sounds like an awesome idea.

mr_william is still a genius.
And that is a very good idea indeed!!!!
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Post by Thinline_slim » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:22 pm

mr_william wrote:another awesome use for this; put one side in front of the amp and one side in the fx's loop. push the front end for more compression/saturation, push more volume through the loop for a boost. kinda wondered why this's never been done before.
That is genius!! Unfortunately I only have one amp with an effects loop and I don't really gig with it much but I'm going to keep that in mind fore sure. Neil also tried it in series with each side in a mono signal. I haven't had a chance to try it that way yet since it would required some pedal board re-wiring. I'll get around to trying it soon though.
Jake
"One of the 400"

http://www.purevolume.com/JakeMcallasterBand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:49 pm

COOL!

For some reason I'm already picturing a pedal board with 8 of these bad boys wired in series with a switchable 'mid hump' mod :D
Paul.

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:56 pm

Awe, thanks guys! :)

I need to get another Orange amp, I've been more or less on the DL with pedal stuffs, life's been up and down since graduating. It's going well now, busy busy busy. This year at NAMM Stevie Wonder played through a product I helped design the preamp on, so that's really fun!

Any how, sir William, that's a cool idea that makes me want to get an amp with an FX loop. :)

mr_william
Orange Master

Post by mr_william » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:32 pm

thanks.

i've done this using a loop switcher; like a carl martin octaswitch with a pedal in front, and one in the loop. having an all in one solution would be great for those that want a large volume boost and more compression/gain from the preamp. really valuable for those who use high levels of preamp gain.

good to see you're doing well though!
Will.
Bink wrote:Will you're a genius!! :D
Randy Bass wrote:For the record, mr_william is a genius :D .

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Post by Thinline_slim » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:16 am

Neil, that's way cool on the Wonder preamp!

Neil had asked about LED preference so after I thought about it I had him run a white for the left circuit and a red for the right. That way I can color coordinate the red and white George L caps and trouble shoot if I have a bad cable after the stereo split.

Here's the full board. I got a bigger board late last year so I would have more room since the Orang Bax is pretty big. And since I had all this room I got a little stupid filling it up like a Tetris game.

OrangePaul wrote:COOL!

For some reason I'm already picturing a pedal board with 8 of these bad boys wired in series with a switchable 'mid hump' mod :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jake
"One of the 400"

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:55 am

Thinline_slim wrote:
Here's the full board. I got a bigger board late last year so I would have more room since the Orang Bax is pretty big. And since I had all this room I got a little stupid filling it up like a Tetris game.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I can see some space stillnextthe the Older Audio box....At least enough space for 2 1590A boxes....... :wink:
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Post by Thinline_slim » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:56 pm

Les Paul Lover wrote:
I can see some space stillnextthe the Older Audio box....At least enough space for 2 1590A boxes....... :wink:
A Wampler Velvet Fuzz should be showing up some time today.... :lol:
Jake
"One of the 400"

misterfolkertsma
Orange Expert

Post by misterfolkertsma » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:03 pm

Awesome, I need to ask Neil to build me a pedal some day! I biamp so that's very inspiring... :D

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Post by Thinline_slim » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:43 pm

misterfolkertsma wrote:Awesome, I need to ask Neil to build me a pedal some day! I biamp so that's very inspiring... :D
He absolutely knows what he's doing and I couldn't be happier. He'd set you up alright.
Jake
"One of the 400"

Orange Crush/shupe13

Post by Orange Crush/shupe13 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:37 pm

Congrats!

That's a bad ass board you have there!!
'13 PRS SE Tremonti Custom
'14 PRS SE 24 Custom Floyd

Orange Crush CR60 Pro