NGD-Line 6

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

MikeD
Orange Expert

NGD-Line 6

Post by MikeD » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:17 pm

Doesn't sound as bad as your thinking right now. After giving wireless a test I decided to spend a little extra and get a relay G50. My other guitarist just got one and the bass player has been using the G30 for over a year now and they're both really happy, which is understandable since both line 6 products sound great!! So come Sunday I'm testing it out and I'm pretty much expecting a crystal clear silence and looking forward to be able to move around without all the scratchy noises that my last wireless was causing.

We have a pretty big gig coming up and I've been spending some hours at the gym and on the treadmill and now with this thing I should be able to put those hours to good use. I'm planning on taking full advantage of the large stage this venue has to offer and standing still as little as possible. :D

I'll be posting an update with my first thoughts and experiences from the G50 Sunday evening for those of you looking around for a good wireless system and might be interested in the results.

Cheerio!!

Mike
Gibson: Angus Young SG 03 / LP Standard 05 / Firebird V 01
Orange: RV50 mkII & ppc212-c / Micro Dark & ppc112 / TH30 Combo

John_BlackWolf
Tiny Terror

Re: NGD-Line 6

Post by John_BlackWolf » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:15 pm

MikeD wrote:Doesn't sound as bad as your thinking right now. After giving wireless a test I decided to spend a little extra and get a relay G50. My other guitarist just got one and the bass player has been using the G30 for over a year now and they're both really happy, which is understandable since both line 6 products sound great!! So come Sunday I'm testing it out and I'm pretty much expecting a crystal clear silence and looking forward to be able to move around without all the scratchy noises that my last wireless was causing.

We have a pretty big gig coming up and I've been spending some hours at the gym and on the treadmill and now with this thing I should be able to put those hours to good use. I'm planning on taking full advantage of the large stage this venue has to offer and standing still as little as possible. :D

I'll be posting an update with my first thoughts and experiences from the G50 Sunday evening for those of you looking around for a good wireless system and might be interested in the results.

Cheerio!!

Mike
The G50 is awesome, It's been pretty much flawless for me for the past 3 years.
Dual Dark 50
PPC-212
Hardwired Tiny Terror

http://www.facebook.com/iLLUSTR8ORS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MikeD
Orange Expert

Post by MikeD » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:49 pm

John_BlackWolf wrote:
The G50 is awesome, It's been pretty much flawless for me for the past 3 years.
Awesome!!! Just what I was hoping to read!!

MikeD
Orange Expert

Post by MikeD » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:23 pm

Heres the update:

It was just frikin brilliant.

... nothing more to add than that.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:28 pm

Excellent !!!!

A good wireless does help. (always been hardwired myself).

I remember seeing teddy, from Le Chat Noir, jumping everywhere and playing in the crowd..... He sure put his wireless to excellent use!!!!
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Hubaxe
Orange Expert

Post by Hubaxe » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:13 am

The cable is for me a good excuse to hide my inability to graciously move on stage :D

MikeD
Orange Expert

Post by MikeD » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:44 pm

Hubaxe wrote:The cable is for me a good excuse to hide my inability to graciously move on stage :D
Its funny, my other guitarist that NEVER moves was the first to upgrade? My wife once remarked a video of us with "I even saw John dance" I had to have a look and found that he wasn't dancing... he just decided mid air not to stomp on a pedal, and then halway back decided that he really did need some reverb :D

Now that he has a wireless I mark out big X's on the stage with tape and force him to walk to them when he has a solo :D... his hatred for me grows ever so strong for each gig :lol: