Ditto X4!!!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Boy_Narf
Orange Master

Ditto X4!!!

Post by Boy_Narf » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:43 pm

http://www.tcelectronic.com/ditto-x4-looper/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh yes. Absolutely perfect timing on this guy. Was in the market for a looper to hook up to my updated multi amp rig. My only option prior was the Infinity Looper, but it is awkward to power (>300ma @ 18V). There is no way I could run that off my 4X4 with my current setup (would have to use the wall wart, first world problems for sure), so I was considering picking up two small loopers, as I right now use two of the original ditto's (one before each amp and would love a dedicated stop switch). This bad boy has stereo isolated outputs which means my clean and dirty amp can each have their own loops, not to mention they have useful FX's built in now such as FADE OUT along with a separate foot switch. This guy is going to be perfect for me, not to mention I can run it off the spare 9V 400ma output on my 4X4.

I was so close to buying the infinity looper glad I waited. Just hoping the price isn't too ridiculous.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: Ditto X4!!!

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:15 pm

looks interesting, doesn't it?

I like that you have a dedicated stop footswitch - my main gripe about my ditto. Stopping it at the right moment is fiddly / difficult.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

thejay
Orange Expert

Post by thejay » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:38 pm

I am interested in this too, two dedicated loops
Oranges - R32, OR50, R30, RVMKIII, OR100, AD30, OB212, CB212 (2x)
Non Orange - Mesa, Friedman, Vox & Marshall
Former Oranges - TT, JRT, OR15, RVMKII
YouTube https://bit.ly/2pSp3sk
http://bigbattlebear.bandcamp.com

Hubaxe
Orange Expert

Post by Hubaxe » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:09 am

Les Paul Lover wrote:looks interesting, doesn't it?

I like that you have a dedicated stop footswitch - my main gripe about my ditto. Stopping it at the right moment is fiddly / difficult.
Yes, this reason oriented my choice on the Digitech Solo XT. Not desappointed at all. The auto record start function is more than usefull, and even with the optional 3 button footswitch, it's still a bargain compared to other one. Cherry on the cake, the sound quality is excellent. Impressive progress on those looper since the Boss RC.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:04 pm

Hubaxe wrote:
Les Paul Lover wrote:looks interesting, doesn't it?

Yes, this reason oriented my choice on the Digitech Solo XT. Not desappointed at all. The auto record start function is more than usefull, and even with the optional 3 button footswitch, it's still a bargain compared to other one. Cherry on the cake, the sound quality is excellent. Impressive progress on those looper since the Boss RC.

I'll look into that one - never heard of it.
I don't really use my ditto live beside when playing jazzy stuff at my local open mic night, so not sure I'll be upgrading soon, but you never know.... I might integrate it in songs with my band and then need solid functionalities.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Hubaxe
Orange Expert

Post by Hubaxe » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:53 am

I'll also mention that the Solo XT have a USB plug, and an internal memory where you can load backtracks. And if it's not enough, even a sd slot.

Dunky
Orange Expert

Post by Dunky » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:53 pm

With the solo stuff you can also connect the jam man express. 2 loopers running together.
I'm not 100% but I think you can have the XT and 2 express pedals connected.

Cheaper option as well

Hubaxe
Orange Expert

Post by Hubaxe » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:17 am

Dunky wrote:With the solo stuff you can also connect the jam man express. 2 loopers running together.
I'm not 100% but I think you can have the XT and 2 express pedals connected.

Cheaper option as well
Yes , every looper with the jam sync can be connected together. On the loopers, Digitech brig the best tech/performance/price offer.

Incubus
Rocker

Post by Incubus » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:43 am

I'm very interested to hear what you think about it.
I play a lot of solo shows and I've been looking to find a looper that can do a few specific things.

I want to be able to record a loop, play over it. Stop said loop, and then turn it on again later on in the song. is that possible with the X4?

The X2 has a slot for a single backtrack if I recall correctly. Is that also the case with the X4?
It would be great to have a looper where I could store one or a few piano backtracks that I can turn on and off as I feel like.

Boy_Narf
Orange Master

Post by Boy_Narf » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:47 pm

Didn't pick one up yet. I'm not playing live yet so the dual Ditto setup works fine for now.

Incubus
Rocker

Post by Incubus » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:25 am

OK. I think I'm just gonne try and get one and see where it takes me.

Boy_Narf
Orange Master

Post by Boy_Narf » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:16 pm

Defiantly on my list, that's for sure. Just waiting for a coupon :) I'm a cheapskate these days.

Incubus
Rocker

Post by Incubus » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:44 am

I accidentally bought a Boss RV-6 instead... It's pretty fun though...
The X4 is up next now :)