Amp wish list...

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Bensnake
Orange Master

Amp wish list...

Post by Bensnake » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:35 pm

It's almost Christmas time. Make a wish list on amps that you miss in your collection!

I'd really like to have 3 amps besides the ones I already own.

1. Orange OD80 (OR80M). A real dream amp. Wish I get one in mint condition some day.
2. Hiwatt, don't know which model, just a Hiwatt. I'm open for suggestions (Andy?). :lol:
3. Fender Super Reverb.

Show us your list!

/Snake
RV100 MKIII | '75 OR120 | OR100 | OR50 | CS50 | R30H | TT
2 x PPC412
Bax B. | Amp D.

Marshall 1959 HW + 1936V
Fender '65 Super Reverb Reissue
Vox AC30C2X + V212C

Playing Les Pauls and Teles...

Hubaxe
Orange Expert

Re: Amp wish list...

Post by Hubaxe » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:46 pm

As my wish does not exist, I've recently decided to create one with a friend (professional elctronician).
we are working on a single EL34 hardwired amp (class A), with an attenuator as volume (inspired by the THD univalve, but with an extra gain stage), and build in spring reverb.

Bensnake
Orange Master

Post by Bensnake » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:30 pm

That's really cool, Hubaxe! You have to tell us more about this project.
2 x PPC412
Bax B. | Amp D.

Marshall 1959 HW + 1936V
Vox AC30C2X + V212C

Hubaxe
Orange Expert

Post by Hubaxe » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:16 pm

it's basically a small gig and recording amp that I need.
We are currently working on the schematics. I'll create a separate post when I'll have enough to put in.

onetracker
Rocker

Post by onetracker » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:47 pm

mesa mk v
hi quality 50 watt plexi clone
fuchs ods or bludotone
what can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof

MikeD
Orange Expert

Post by MikeD » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:16 pm

Micro dark.

... no use wishing outside of my range. That and I need something for home use with my 112.
Gibson: Angus Young SG 03 / LP Standard 05 / Firebird V 01
Orange: RV50 mkII & ppc212-c / Micro Dark & ppc112 / TH30 Combo

Bensnake
Orange Master

Post by Bensnake » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:18 pm

MikeD wrote:Micro dark.

... no use wishing outside of my range. That and I need something for home use with my 112.
I believe the Micro Dark is a perfect complement to the RV. Are you planning to get one?
2 x PPC412
Bax B. | Amp D.

Marshall 1959 HW + 1936V
Vox AC30C2X + V212C

Wendigo
Orange Master

Post by Wendigo » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:20 pm

Well, I have the YJM and the Dual Dark, which between them cover tons of ground. I guess a Fender 57' Twin Amp would be the dream-clean thing for me. Realistically though, and you may laugh, I want the Yamaha THR10X or the THR100. If you haven't played one, do. The're just so great, seriously, and have no tubes but don't sound like modeling amps, which they are. There's a vid of Satchel playing one, and all the while I thought the video was edited, that it just couldn't be true that a transistor lunchbox sounds so huge. Then a student of mine brought the THR10X with him one day, and ....mind=blown. Here's a link to the big brother:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWolu2JiCiE

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:25 pm

Wendigo wrote:Well, I have the YJM and the Dual Dark, which between them cover tons of ground. I guess a Fender 57' Twin Amp would be the dream-clean thing for me. Realistically though, and you may laugh, I want the Yamaha THR10X or the THR100. If you haven't played one, do. The're just so great, seriously, and have no tubes but don't sound like modeling amps, which they are. There's a vid of Satchel playing one, and all the while I thought the video was edited, that it just couldn't be true that a transistor lunchbox sounds so huge. Then a student of mine brought the THR10X with him one day, and ....mind=blown. Here's a link to the big brother:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWolu2JiCiE
Cheers mate and thanks for that... I've just spent about an hours worth of my life listening to demos :lol:
Their THR100 dual amp sounds well impressive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NuNIAM7y-E
Paul.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:36 am

Only amp I would consider right now is a Fender Princeton Reverb...

... although if I ever found a Fender high power Tweed Twin for a good price I'd be all over it.

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:10 am

I'm really not looking to buy another amp at the minute but do wonder whether the dual Terror should replace my TT....I've also wondered about gettong a Marshall vintage modern and might consider it if its ever made in Orange :)

There are a few amps I would like to try..... mainly boutique American brands that are way out of my price range such as Fuchs, Friedman

Who knows what the New Year might bring....I Could easily change my mind.
Last edited by Ronnie Robinson on Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Post by Thinline_slim » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:12 am

bclaire wrote:Only amp I would consider right now is a Fender Princeton Reverb.
Since I did pick one of those up this year (and am now running it with an Eminence Red Fang and is the "clean" amp in stereo with my Tiny Terror) my wish list is down to a single amp.

Suhr Hedgehog

I've been glued to Ian Thornley's tone and the fact that he gets those amazing tones live in the Suhr concert YouTube vids I have been obsessed with that amp! Not obsessed with the price tag though..... :(
Jake
OrangePaul wrote:Ok gitar lead to you Jake :D
"One of the 400"

http://www.purevolume.com/JakeMcallasterBand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MikeD
Orange Expert

Post by MikeD » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:51 am

Bensnake wrote:
MikeD wrote:Micro dark.

I believe the Micro Dark is a perfect complement to the RV. Are you planning to get one?
Hopefully with enough christmas giftcards from "Nonnes" I'll be able to pick one up in January. At the moment I'm running through amplitube at home and its getting boring. The only issue I see is that the effects loop isn't going to help my pedal aquisition problem....think I can forse a second pedalboard in my near future!!

It'll also come in handy as a back-up when gigging.
Gibson: Angus Young SG 03 / LP Standard 05 / Firebird V 01
Orange: RV50 mkII & ppc212-c / Micro Dark & ppc112 / TH30 Combo

thinspirits77
Tiny Terror

Post by thinspirits77 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:04 am

1. Vox AC10
2. OR15
3. Thunderverb 50 - which I've asked Orange for the last two times they've done the Christmas giveaway, maybe this year?

Not a terribly unrealistic list considering the first 2 are pretty affordable, but I'm still paying for my last guitar so I'm trying to fight off the urge to buy the Vox.
Wendigo wrote:Realistically though, and you may laugh, I want the Yamaha THR10X or the THR100. If you haven't played one, do. The're just so great, seriously, and have no tubes but don't sound like modeling amps, which they are.
Yamaha makes some great stuff, underrated I feel. That amp sounds incredible in every demo I've seen. I've been playing my Yamaha guitars for over 10 years and I've never had to do anything to them besides change strings and replace the toggle switch a few times. Can't complain about a $500 new and a $300 used guitar with stock locking tuners, dimarzio pickups and that on most occasions I can tune once at the start of a practice/show and not even check it the rest of the night.
http://www.reverbnation.com/evolutionprotocol
Orange TH100
Orange PPC212

Yamaha AES820s
MXR Flanger|TC Alter Ego|TC Hall of Fame|Boss Tremolo

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:23 am

Bensnake wrote:I'd really like to have 3 amps besides the ones I already own.

1. Orange OD80 (OR80M). A real dream amp. Wish I get one in mint condition some day.
2. Hiwatt, don't know which model, just a Hiwatt. I'm open for suggestions (Andy?). :lol:
3. Fender Super Reverb.

Show us your list!

/Snake
Hiwatt? Never heard of them. They American maybe? Sounds it... :P

Not allowing myself a wish list right now. Just had an unplanned major splurge which'll be a N?D soon. Unfortunately not yet as I'm off again for a week, Bonnie Scotland this time.

Happy dreaming all, hope some will come true too! :D

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!