How do you move your cabinet?!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

badger668

Post by badger668 » Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:28 am

Hey people,
My orange gear just arrived after being held up at australian customs for 2 weeks. I got the AD30HTC and the 4X12 cab and it sounds freaking great, really happy with it. But what is the best way to get the cabinet around without doing your back. the handles are'nt in the greatest position to lift it by yourself!

So what is a good solution??

Cheers.

badge.
badge.

IdleOne

Post by IdleOne » Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:17 am

Get a road case for your cab. might have to get it custom made.

bigbear

Post by bigbear » Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:14 pm

I put 4 strong wheels under mine, after many years lifting it by myself, my life as changed now ...

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:13 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Get a road case for your cab. might have to get it custom made.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

You'll never lift it in a roadcase. I can carry mine for short distances- then use a two-wheeler- heavy-duty two-wheeler that is. Or invest in roadies...

I have a Volvo wagon that is the perfect height for moving equipment and holds more than an SUV. I have a roadcase for my combo and it pivots nicely on the back bumper into the back of the car. But lifting that up 6 stairs into the house is a nightmare... and that's a combo! Billy

badger668

Post by badger668 » Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:12 am

yeah i would like a road case to protect it but it's gonna make it so much heavier. it only just fits in my saab 900 hatch, altho i am freaking the upholstery! then what about stairs! i'll have to get a twin maybe.

badge.
badge.