Rocker 30 Combo, a little help, please?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

jimtrfduke

Rocker 30 Combo, a little help, please?

Post by jimtrfduke » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:10 am

Hey you guys

So, here's the deal:
I sold my Marshall JCM 900 SLX. It was too big for my car, and had no clean channel whatsoever. I'm trying to find a decent amp that can deliver some awesome rock and blues tones. Right now I'm parted between a Orange Rocker 30 and a Vox AC30 CC2. I know some stuff about the Vox, but I have no idea about the Orange, could you guys weigh in your opinion? Should I get it/why should I prefer it?
Thank you so much!!

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Re: Rocker 30 Combo, a little help, please?

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:54 am

Hello and welcome

Your asking on this forum if you should but an Orange Amp!!!!!???

Of Course you should!

The Rocker 30 is a fine Amp UK made, with a very good reputation , there was boarderline mutany when it got discontinued about 6 years ago.

Its got 2 channels, no effects loop or reverb but thats common for most of the Orange Range.

Natural channel - No EQ or Pre Amp gain but has a really nice quality to it when wound up as it just starts to break up, yet still has a decent amount of headroom available and imo no need for reverb . You can really hear the nuances of the guitar your using.

Dirty channel - this is a great sounding classic Rock / hard Rock voiced channel which is 'punky' in natural a bit 'inyour face' but its good for any type of Rock .

Have a listen to 'Kpunk56's thread 'Rocker 30 clip http://forum.orangeamps.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54029
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

FleshOnGear
Rocker

Post by FleshOnGear » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:26 am

Wow, what a choice! Two great amps with very different sounds. Can you name some bands with tones similar to what you want to hear?
Orange OR100
Marshall 2555SL
Freda 2x12's
Laney 2x12
Gibson Faded Flying V

iblastoff
Orange Hero

Post by iblastoff » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:16 pm

id go for the vox. Much more versatile than the orange rocker 30. I own both amps.

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:04 am

iblastoff wrote:id go for the vox. Much more versatile than the orange rocker 30. I own both amps.
Both great amps, but while I'd agree that you can do most anything with a Vox I'd also say that about the R.30. I honestly think it is one of the most versatile amps out there with the single limitation that it'll always sound like an Orange. Said as much before now...
http://forum.orangeamps.com/viewtopic.p ... ck+country" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Different amps though the Vox and Orange, and especially the Rocker which is probably about as uncompressed an amp as you'll find. Meaning huge soft to loud dynamics - punchy as h3ll, but even though there is plenty of gain you'd need an external compressor for endless sustain. See the second half of this post:
http://forum.orangeamps.com/viewtopic.p ... 32#p581632" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FWIW I own both an AC30 and an R.30 too, though my AC30 is somewhat older than the CC2.

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!