Overdrive and fuzz pedals that works with Rockerverb MK 3

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

frankajoerg
Tiny Terror

Overdrive and fuzz pedals that works with Rockerverb MK 3

Post by frankajoerg » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:18 pm

Im sooooooon getting my RV MK 3 50 head and I have a Klon Centaur replika (Very good replica I might add) and a Starlight Fuzz pedal from Crazy Tube Circuits.

Of course, Im going to test these bad boys with it but are there any OD and Fuzz pedals that is guaranteed to work well with the Rockerverb?

I heard that Fulltone OCD is a safe bet, but like any version of it? I think its 4 versions now...

I also got a Danelectro Cool Cat fuzz version 2 heading my way, its going to be interesting to test that one!

Also Im kinda thinking that with the MK3 I wouldnt even need an OD or fuzz pedal but pedals are fun:)

apocalypsedude
Rocker

Re: Overdrive and fuzz pedals that works with Rockerverb MK

Post by apocalypsedude » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:43 pm

I'm liking what the Catalinbread Karma Suture does in front of the Rocker 30 Dirty channel at apartment volume playing, makes it sound like the amp is cranked, plays real nice too. Adds even order harmonics, and you can really make the sound THICK, but it retains clarity. Adds a little bit of hiss if you crank the output volume knob on the pedal too much, but any OD will do that.
Orange Dual Dark 50
Rocker 30 head
Ceriatone 2555 (Marshall Silver Jubilee clone)
Framus 4x12 V30s
Fender Pro Jr.
LP Classic 2006
LP Standard 1993
'81 Greco, Japanese "lawsuit" LP Custom
SG Standard 1992

frankajoerg
Tiny Terror

Re: Overdrive and fuzz pedals that works with Rockerverb MK

Post by frankajoerg » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:16 am

Ok thanks for the tip:)

I have a Crazy Tube Circuits Starlight Fuzz im anxious to test with the RV and see how that works.
I also have the DanElectro Cool Cat fuzz version 1 incoming and I bought it since its supposed to be a good copy of the Frantone Peach Fuzz pedal.

But my overall goal is to cut down on pedals and rely on the amp for overdrive and fuzzy tones. Maybe stick a Micro Amp in there.

I do have the Boss GE7 as well and could use that as a booster as well.