Sad parting - and wheeling and dealing....

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Re: Sad parting - and wheeling and dealing....

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:11 pm

Beautiful .....but let's move on ...what are you looking at?
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:45 pm

Ronnie Robinson wrote:Beautiful .....but let's move on ...what are you looking at?

Not too sure to be honest.
I'm really enjoying this getting stuff and moving it on at the moment, it gives me the opportunity to try so much gear that you can't always get the chance to play and try out properly.

I've been eyeing up an OR50, but it's a hit far away... Ide really like to try one of those. Since I bought that duesenberg starplayer special, they are constantly on my watch list. I was very impressed with their entry level guitar, it was beautifully made, and sounded great.

They make their own pick ups, and they really are something different. Those humbuckers were right in between a paf and a single coil.... Great chiming highs..... Mmmhhhh......
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:39 am

And here's the next arrival in the household!

A lovely gibson explorer traditional!
I've strictly picked that one up to make some cash, but that's one hell of a guitar. 2nd hand you can pick those up for £550 to £700, and they're really well made, include graph tech nut, and locking grover tuner!
I've picked mine up upgraded with bareknuckle pickups too - cold sweat in neck, painkiller in bridge..... They're both really excellent.

Between these 2 pick ups, you're covered from Jazz to sizzling metal, pretty impressive. The battleworn pick up cover are something different, but I like them a lot on that guitar !

I like the neck profile of these too. It feels wider and flatter that the 50s LP profile, but contrary to the 60s profile, the wider feel of the neck is very comfortable.
Ant

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

thejay
Orange Expert

Post by thejay » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:45 am

An explorer! Cool! I have thought about picking up another one. I had one years ago and sold it, was so thin sounding. It was a shame too b/c I loved the feel of that guitar.
Oranges - R32, OR50, R30, RVMKIII, OR100, AD30, OB212, CB212 (2x)
Non Orange - Mesa, Friedman, Vox & Marshall
Former Oranges - TT, JRT, OR15, RVMKII
YouTube https://bit.ly/2pSp3sk
http://bigbattlebear.bandcamp.com

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:30 pm

Yeah I've been really impressed with it.
It's actually very confortable to play, even sitting down, and the upper fret access us great too.

I'm wondering why yours sounded thin?? Did youbhave the classic 500t 496r pick up combo?
Mine has bareknuckle pick ups and the both sound great - the neck is big, warm, detailed, the bridge is thick and articulate, certainly packs a punch!!!!

I'm not going to keep that one, but it's a very nice axe, I'm glad I got my hands on that one!!!
Ant

cddsix
Tiny Terror

Post by cddsix » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:20 pm

I was recently hit with the Explorer bug, ended up getting an Ibanez destroyer, and I love it, VERY massive thick sounding beast of a guitar, very shreddable neck dimension also.

I have owned and so many guitars and amps over the years, the major plus is that doing this have given me great first hand experience on so many different things, that now I really have a good idea what gear I would like to buy for the long haul and that I will be happy with. If you are proficient with reverb dot com and ebay and clist it is pretty easy to at least break even on purchases.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:13 pm

cddsix wrote:I was recently hit with the Explorer bug, ended up getting an Ibanez destroyer, and I love it, VERY massive thick sounding beast of a guitar, very shreddable neck dimension also.

I have owned and so many guitars and amps over the years, the major plus is that doing this have given me great first hand experience on so many different things, that now I really have a good idea what gear I would like to buy for the long haul and that I will be happy with. If you are proficient with reverb dot com and ebay and clist it is pretty easy to at least break even on purchases.

I haven't ventured down the road if nice ibanez axes. They just strike me as harder to sell if I don't like them ?
But i've really enjoyed getting a variety of guitars and amp lately. It's been great fun trying them out, and pitting my own gear against it, it's been very refreshing and satisfying.

And a number of them I wouldn't have gotten to try otherwise, so I'm very pleased.

Tried that explorer again, these bareknuckle pick ups and the guitat are really excellent. Great fun whilst in my custody!!!!
Ant