N(acoustic)GD

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

jasondunringill
Tiny Terror

N(acoustic)GD

Post by jasondunringill » Sat May 02, 2015 10:05 pm

Decided it was time for a new acoustic. Got a new band on the go, we'll be doing a bit of an acoustic set as well as the loud stuff and i wanted something semi-decent for gigging, my old washburn (prc made, bog standard fishman electrics) has served me well but I always struggled to get a decent plugged in sound. I first tried a faith guitar a couple of years ago when my brother picked one up, I've tried a few since and been very impressed. This is the stripped back 'naked' version of the Venus concert sized guitar - no binding, no frills but solid spruce top and solid mahogony back, sides and neck. I do like a bit of bling on a guitar but the budget was modest! It has a shadow system pre-amp.
First impressions are very good. It's well put together and finished (a nicely applied satin finish), extremely light, plays nicely, not as loud as my dreadnoughts but less boomy, a bit more sweet sounding and balanced. Lovely fingerpicked or strummed, very happy so far, not had a chance to plug her in yet but I've been impressed with the faith guitars I have heard amplified so hoping it'll sit well in the band mix. Looking forward to spending time with this guitar, my acoustic playing has been rather neglected of late.
Gibson Les Paul standard
Fender strat
CV tele
Epiphone Sheraton
Charvel pro Mod type 2
Faith and eko acoustics
Orange dual terror
Fender Blues Jr
Ppc112 cab
Proc212ob cab
Peavey deuce
Not enough pedals!

jdm
Tiny Terror

Re: N(acoustic)GD

Post by jdm » Sun May 03, 2015 12:57 am

I'd say the matching logo - 12th marker and simple look really works there - very nice
The TT / Rockerverb appreciation society......

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Sun May 03, 2015 9:11 am

Very classy Jason. Simple works for me too. My only acoustic is an early Big Baby Taylor, similar sort of idea - no frills, just what counts - great sounds!

Have heard very good things about Faith Guitars, and of course Patrick James Eggle knows how to design / build a way more than decent guitar.

Hope the amped up sounds work for you too. (Course they will!) Good luck with the new band too.

Sorry, we're bypassing Lewis this year for Iceland. Will be back though!

Cheers,
Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

jasondunringill
Tiny Terror

Post by jasondunringill » Sun May 03, 2015 11:02 am

Thanks Andy, this new outfit is aimed at weddings as pub gigs up here have kinda dried up sadly. A bit of a cheesy but crowd pleasing mix of popular material with a traditional scottish music bit as is required up here! Not done a great deal of that kind of trad music before so it'll be a bit of a challenge.
Enjoy Iceland, never been but everyone I know who has loved it.
Gibson Les Paul standard
Fender strat
CV tele
Epiphone Sheraton
Charvel pro Mod type 2
Faith and eko acoustics
Orange dual terror
Fender Blues Jr
Ppc112 cab
Proc212ob cab
Peavey deuce
Not enough pedals!