I've found a mighty tone....

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

johnnysomersett1
Tiny Terror

Re: I've found a mighty tone....

Post by johnnysomersett1 » Fri May 08, 2015 10:24 pm

Randy Bass wrote:I'd probably put the new (louder) ones in the bottom to allow you to hear the cab in a more balanced way.
Really? Then they'd be pointing at my knees...

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Fri May 08, 2015 11:34 pm

johnnysomersett1 wrote:
Randy Bass wrote:I'd probably put the new (louder) ones in the bottom to allow you to hear the cab in a more balanced way.
Really? Then they'd be pointing at my knees...
That's the idea. Then you'd actually hear the old speakers on top. With that kind of sensitivity disparity, you'd probably still hear the bottom ones too. It's your best chance at hearing the old speakers (assuming that you want to, which I would). Then again, the new guitar speakers might sound better for guitar (duh!?), so maybe you should put them up high. If you have the energy, I'd experiment with all options before deciding on a final configuration.

johnnysomersett1
Tiny Terror

Post by johnnysomersett1 » Tue May 12, 2015 9:04 pm

So tonight a test fire of the re-loaded cab took place under normal (read:stupid loud) band conditions and I'm happy to declare it a total success :) Absolutely tons more power and cut through with room to spare! Didn't have to fiddle with the FAC knob at all and just minor adjustments to my usual EQ settings. The beast now roars!

I also pumped my Peavey Deuce into it and that was ****ing painfully loud! Perfect for whenever I need to rig up for bass duties.

Happy now. Very happy.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Wed May 13, 2015 11:06 pm

Must be a great relief ti have that sorted!!!

Is the tone as glorious with the new speakers?
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

johnnysomersett1
Tiny Terror

Post by johnnysomersett1 » Thu May 14, 2015 5:24 am

Les Paul Lover wrote:Must be a great relief ti have that sorted!!!

Is the tone as glorious with the new speakers?
It's not quite as delicious but still quite a fantastic tone. The two speaker sounds' blend quite well and certainly compliment each other. A small sacrifice to make for the sake of being able to hear it!

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Fri May 15, 2015 3:34 pm

johnnysomersett1 wrote:So tonight a test fire of the re-loaded cab took place under normal (read:stupid loud) band conditions and I'm happy to declare it a total success :) Absolutely tons more power and cut through with room to spare! Didn't have to fiddle with the FAC knob at all and just minor adjustments to my usual EQ settings. The beast now roars!

I also pumped my Peavey Deuce into it and that was ****ing painfully loud! Perfect for whenever I need to rig up for bass duties.

Happy now. Very happy.
Glad to hear that. Excellent! :D

Which configuration did you go with? I was thinking along the exact same lines as Randy to be honest.

Really glad you got the cab working well for you. Mind your ears, yeah?

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!