NPD-Monster Effects

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

ragincajun1919
Tiny Terror

NPD-Monster Effects

Post by ragincajun1919 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:12 pm

After years if searching, I've finally come into possession of a Monster Effects Mastortion. I found it on a local trading board on Canada and the seller was not willing to ship to US. I was very lucky that a member on a non guitar related forum was semi local and willing to go make the face to face pickup for me.

I will say that the sound of it is worth the trouble and wait.

I just pulled all of rack apart and will be going with a pedal board like in the pic, still working on layout so I can wire it up

Doctor Volume
Tiny Terror

Re: NPD-Monster Effects

Post by Doctor Volume » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:37 pm

How does the Mastortion sound? I've been on the hunt for one for a while now. What are you running it through?
Can I raise a practical question at this point? Are we gonna do "Stonehenge" tomorrow?

ragincajun1919
Tiny Terror

Post by ragincajun1919 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:19 am

Doctor Volume wrote:How does the Mastortion sound? I've been on the hunt for one for a while now. What are you running it through?
It is pretty badass. Right now , sad to say, I'm running it through my peavey Windsor that I modded to be a poor mans jcm800. The amp is pretty okay sounding but really comes alive with the Mastortion. I'm probably got got buy a jcm800 kerry king or something soon.

Good luck finding one! If I find another in buying it too for a spare.

The el dorado isn't nearly as nice but still cool.

Doctor Volume
Tiny Terror

Post by Doctor Volume » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:04 am

I was seriously looking at the Kerry King JCM800 before I ended up going with the TH100. I tried a few and thought they sounded pretty gnarly.
Can I raise a practical question at this point? Are we gonna do "Stonehenge" tomorrow?

ragincajun1919
Tiny Terror

Post by ragincajun1919 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:30 am

Doctor Volume wrote:I was seriously looking at the Kerry King JCM800 before I ended up going with the TH100. I tried a few and thought they sounded pretty gnarly.
I had a th100 last year and liked it before I got the splawn.