New Speakers in Orange Cabs

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Ambulance1984

Post by Ambulance1984 » Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:59 am

So according to the amp shop (amp-shop.com) orange is now using USA made speakers called emanence (spelling?) built to the specs of the Celestion Vintage 30's rather then continuing to use the real brand because theyve been being made in china and they want an american made speaker?

Any word on how these clones sound, and if they sound any better or at least on the same level?

I only found out this info because i recently ordered an orange cab from amp-shop, when it came in, UPS had must of set something on the top of the cab because the entire front of the cab was caved in to the back.. I was heart broken and now have to wait a super long time for UPS to pay me to get a new one... so when i called the amp shop they told me to wait a few more weeks when the new orange cabs with the new emenance American made speakers would be being used instead of the china made vintage 30's

Anyone else heard of this?

Is the amp shop yanking my chain?

justin
Tiny Terror

Post by justin » Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:39 am

That's what I heard to from Humbucker Music. I really hope the new speakers sound good because I was going to order a 4x12 soon.
AD30HTC
OR series 4x12 w/V30's

ecto coolest
Rocker

Post by ecto coolest » Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:53 pm

im just glad i bought mine with british V30s before they switched to chinese made ones.
1971 OR120 (Plexi Panel, Big Pix Only)
1994 Fender Jaguar (Seymour Duncan Humbuckers, Gibson Nashville Bridge)
2002 PPC412 (British V30s)

Tibor
Orange Hero

Post by Tibor » Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:23 pm

i was told the Story for chinese Celestions was a FAKE... they still produce the Vintage Series in the U.K.

Why is an ORANGE, orange? If it would be Green it would be an apple....

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:19 pm

I have a side-project cover band and our bass player, Kats, worked for GM for many years and was in the UAW union- probably the strongest union in the world. He is very down on all things that aren't USA made (with the exception of a number of British musical companies...). He always refers to things as having been made by "three-fingered Chinese kids." One day, his daughter's second grade teacher called home and spoke to Kats' wife: "Your daughter seems to think that all children in China have only three fingers.... do you have any idea where that comes from?" "Nope" replied his wife and as she hung up the phone, yelled "KATS!!!"

Makes you wonder, though, about factory conditions....

Admin
Tiny Terror

Post by Admin » Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:16 pm

<b><font color=orange><font face='Courier New'><font size=4>Hey People!

I thought I'd get involved in this topic as there are a lot of questions hanging in the air!

The Facts:

1. All Orange electric guitar speaker cabinets for the USA market are now being manufactured in the USA.
2. We are now using speakers custom made for us by Eminence in these cabinets.
3. Celestion have moved their speaker manufacturing to China however they are still making the same incredible speakers and we're still using them in all our combos.

So why have we started using Eminence too?

Well as you may or may not know, we set up a distribution office in the USA just over 2 years ago. Unfortunately in that time the U.S. dollar has fallen against the British pound by about 20%! You may have noticed other British manufacturers subsequently raising their prices throughout that period. Obviously we don't want to do that! The solution? Lower manufacturing costs by having cabinets made in the USA! It cost's a lot to ship a cab from the UK and this is something that the consumer ultimately ends up paying for.

Likewise, it just didn't make sense to ship speakers from the UK or China when Eminence are making amazing, world class speakers right here in the USA!

The upshot of all of this is that despite the 20% fall of the dollar we are still able to offer you the same Orange quality cabinets at the price you've always paid!

I hope this helps to clarify the situation! Our goal is to give our customers the best product in the world but we understand that not everyone is a millionaire! Just know we've got your back on the financial side too!

Webmaster
</b></font id=orange></font id='Courier New'></font id=size4>