NPD

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

jesperbc
Orange Hero

NPD

Post by jesperbc » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:02 am

Funny story... Kinda, sorta, in the sense that life sometimes comes full circle.

Some 8 or 9 years ago, as I was just getting into pedals, I had bought a Boss TU-2 and Ibanez TS-9, which I used in front of my Vox Valvetronix AD120VTX. While searching for a different distortion than what my modelling amp could deliver, I bought the EMMA ReezaFRATzitz (I) on the recommendation of a guy working in the local instrument shop, where I bought most of my stuff. I played it for a couple of months and then sold it, because I couldn't get the kind of distortion I was after (I was playing high-gain Deftones/Tool inspired alternative metal at the time). I was actually left quite disappointed, because it had been a quite expensive pedal and he had praised it a lot, but I hated it. I literally ended up hating it.

A couple of months ago, a friend of mine bought the Reeza II and kept on about how good it sounded, so I had to borrow it, and to my surprise, it did sound good. I've since moved from playing alternative metal to rock/hard rock, playing Strat and Tele instead of my old "LTD Pointy McSharpe'n'Deadly" and the pedal just suited the music very well. My brother then went out and bought one, too, and after playing with his as well, I had to go out and buy my own, 'cause it's such a good pedal.

Level, Gain, active Bass and Treble for cutting and boosting, and a Bias knob for adjusting the pedal between acting like a Class A amp all the way to the right, to Class AB on the far left. I don't know what Class A is, besides low wattage Vox AC30 stuff, and have no idea what Class AB is, but from left to right, it sounds like the pedal is going from an American 6L6 kind of distortion to a more British EL34 based distortion. This pedal is very versatile! It's also not super saturated, so you can still get a feel of the instrument and the tone amidst the swarm of distortion that this thing lets out.

So, as I was saying, life has come full circle. Almost a decade ago I had the Reeza (I) and I wasn't ready for it, but now I have the Reeza (II) and it suits me just fine. I can't wait to get it permanently on the board!

The main difference between the Reeza (I) and the Reeza (II) is that the (I) has a single tone knob (I don't know if it's active), and the (II) has active bass and treble, 5 knobs instead of 4.
Gear: Orange Rocker 30 head, Orange TH100 head, Orange PPC212OB cab, pedals galore, Fender MIJ 52 RI Tele w. BKP Blackguard Flat '52s, Fender MIA Standard Strat w. Fender CS Fat '50s, ESP LTD MH-1000 w. BKP (AlNiCo) Nailbomb/VHII.