Noel Redding Orange OR200

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Re: Noel Redding Orange OR200

Post by Randy Bass » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:45 pm

I hacked his autocorrect to put an "R" in front of andy. It makes me look smarter.

Gladmarr
Orange Master

Post by Gladmarr » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:04 pm

bclaire wrote:
"Noel’s Orange cabinet that was used with The Experience and Fat Mattress. Noel could not remember where he had stored the cabinet, and to his surprise and ours, it was hiding under a large table cloth in his living room being used a table."

I have that problem sometimes.

mc2
Tiny Terror

Post by mc2 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:59 pm

Since the last four OR200 Orange Matamp heads that have shown up for sale over the past 10 years have ALL sold for at least $5000 U.S......I have to disagree.....seems like a steal to me, if you are a Hendrix/Redding fan and into Orange.

If the world economy, especially in the U.S., didn't suck so bad right now, these would have been gone in a flash even at the original price IMO.

These heads are EXTREMELY rare.

Hendrix stuff still sells for big money.

Yes, it IS Noel Redding's and not actually Jimi's but IMO it still has value, since Noel was the only bass player in the Jimi Hendrix Experience. When he quit and was replaced, Hendrix changed the band name but died not long after.

Fat Mattress was Noel's side project that allowed him to move back to guitar and sing, rather than be confined to bass.
The band did opening act gigs for the Experience while Noel was still Hendrix's bass player, so he played two two sets.
I actually have pics of Noel doing such gigs, where he is playing guitar and behind the Fat Mattress gear you clearly see Noel's JHE big SUNN rig set up for the headliners.

And yea, these heads were originally sold around 5 years back by that RockStarGuitars site, which is legit and sells a lot of name players' gear.

Gladmarr
Orange Master

Post by Gladmarr » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:03 pm

The fact that they're not selling speaks volumes. If they were cleaner, they would be worth more. I've already got one of each and didn't pay anywhere near this guy's eBay asking price for them, so I have no real skin in the game.

mc2
Tiny Terror

Post by mc2 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:46 am

One of my old guitarists who I played with for a few ideas heard I had these and told me he actually sold these thru his shop around ten years back for a LOT more than I paid, to the guy I got them from. My old guitarist has been playing with Dennis Dunaway and the other original Alice Cooper members, Ian Hunter, etc. for the last decade. He's a fellow gear whore like myself and happens to own and play Mick Ronson's famous "Spiders from Mars" Les Paul, along with a bunch of Mick's other gear like amps and pedals. He was always a huge Ronson's fan and Ian Hunter hooked him up with Mick's family to acquire the stuff. Small world.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:35 pm

Wonder who has them now....