TANGLE-FREE TWISTER CABLES

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Jondog
Duke of Orange

TANGLE-FREE TWISTER CABLES

Post by Jondog » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:44 pm

I like the idea, but doesn't that twister piece seem a little cumbersome? Does it just hang? Wouldn't that be like a pendulum swinging around adding weight to the cable? You'd have to tape the cord to your guitar so it wouldn't fall out. :?:

stuart_tate41
Tiny Terror

Re: TANGLE-FREE TWISTER CABLES

Post by stuart_tate41 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:49 pm

I might have to try these, my planet waves cable always twists up during a gig!

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:52 pm

stuart_tate41 wrote:I might have to try these, my planet waves cable always twists up during a gig!
For the price they're probably worth it's a pass for me.

Hubaxe
Orange Expert

Post by Hubaxe » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:03 pm

Coil cables are great. They don't twist.. well they are already twisted. :mrgreen:

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:09 pm

Hubaxe wrote:Coil cables are great. They don't twist.. well they are already twisted. :mrgreen:
Love coils!

Orange Hero

Post by 0000 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:29 pm

I've had so much bad luck with cables failing, and it's always where the cable goes into the connector. I started using long coil cables and that really helped the problem, along with the cable getting too twisted.

ANY moving parts, regardless how well designed and high quality, is prone to higher chance of failure. I can foresee them eventually getting lots of these returned soon under warranty. Secondly... yeah, it looks pretty clunky and I don't really want that swinging around my guitar. Haha
-Electrical Guitar Company "Buzzo" Double-Cut, Solid Aluminum, Gold Anodized.
-Gronlund Newcomb Custom aluminum hollow-body guitar.
-Matchless Phoenix 35 w/ Matchless 4x10 Cabinet

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:52 pm

0000 wrote:I've had so much bad luck with cables failing, and it's always where the cable goes into the connector. I started using long coil cables and that really helped the problem, along with the cable getting too twisted.

ANY moving parts, regardless how well designed and high quality, is prone to higher chance of failure. I can foresee them eventually getting lots of these returned soon under warranty. Secondly... yeah, it looks pretty clunky and I don't really want that swinging around my guitar. Haha
You shouldn't get that with good connectors. Neutrik ones grip the cable so well that the cable will fail before you pull it loose from the connector. They really ARE the best! :wink:

Twirls, twists and tangles though. Well if you have big problems with involuntary bondage - getting yourself tangled up in cables on stage, well you could always go wireless! Or just twirl clockwise as much as you twirl anti-clockwise. If you fall over you either tripped yourself up or got too dizzy /drunk / stoned /...

Talking about twirls, does everybody even know how to coil their cables properly? :wink:
Over and under coiling saves so much hassle: you don't look like a dork sorting tangles, you can throw a cable and it'll unwind flat with no tangles, and it preserves your cables too. Just a little practice and it is a total no brainer. Choose your own teacher on that! :wink:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ing+cables" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm glad to see that Orange are using Neutriks. But yeah, extra moving parts. Nah, not for Andy I'm afraid...

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

Hubaxe
Orange Expert

Post by Hubaxe » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:21 pm

Jondog wrote:
Hubaxe wrote:Coil cables are great. They don't twist.. well they are already twisted. :mrgreen:
Love coils!
So do I, I love my Bullet coil cable (an orange one to match my amp)

Spaceboy1
Orange Hero

Post by Spaceboy1 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:57 pm

It looks like a silly gimmick to me. The old Orange cables were a real pain in the ass, so they definitely needed an update. I think simply changing the sheathing to a weave would've been better, and I would probably buy them.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:57 pm

I like the concept - and if the mechanical twisty bit is well conceived, that could be a great cable idea.

I wouldn't worry about the thingy dangling, when I play out I tuck the cable into the strap to make sure it doesn't get pulled out.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

misterfolkertsma
Orange Expert

Post by misterfolkertsma » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:24 pm

Hubaxe wrote:
Jondog wrote:
Love coils!
So do I, I love my Bullet coil cable (an orange one to match my amp)
Same here, I've got 3 bullet coilies and not one has ever failed me. Great cables

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:39 pm

Jondog wrote:Image

I like the idea, but doesn't that twister piece seem a little cumbersome? Does it just hang? Wouldn't that be like a pendulum swinging around adding weight to the cable? You'd have to tape the cord to your guitar so it wouldn't fall out. :?:
Don't you run your cord between your strap and the guitar? That way it doesn't pull out... It looks like it would hang fine then...

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:37 pm

This would be useful at home for me... I always seem to turn the same way when practicing and regularly have to stop to unwind my cord :)
Paul.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:01 pm

OrangePaul wrote:This would be useful at home for me... I always seem to turn the same way when practicing and regularly have to stop to unwind my cord :)
Me too... I definitely turn the same way repeatedly apparently. I really miss my wireless. Damn that FCC for selling my frequency!

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:31 am

bclaire wrote:
Jondog wrote:Image

Don't you run your cord between your strap and the guitar? That way it doesn't pull out... It looks like it would hang fine then...
I thought about that, but it looks like it would be awkward .