Why do Teles sound so good through Orange?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Re: Why do Teles sound so good through Orange?

Post by a.hun » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:13 am

While we're at it, how many of you like /use the 4-way Tele switches? :?:

Maybe not bridge p/up Billy, but I know that Jason (dunringill) and Bert (Foef) know about them. How many more. (If you have a Baya Tele you do, I guess!)

I love the extra series position, beefier, louder, still twangs unlike a 'bucker too if you open the amp treble up a bit. And of course the original 3 positions are unchanged. :D

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

jesperbc
Orange Hero

Re: Why do Teles sound so good through Orange?

Post by jesperbc » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:51 am

I've only owned guitars with humbuckers up until last year when I got my Tele. Humbuckers sound good through my TH100, but after getting the Tele I haven't looked back, and I've honestly not played more than a handfull of hours on my MH-1000 since then. The clarity and the cut of those single coils coupled with the twang of the Tele is just awesome. I've played nothing but my Tele through the last year.

A couple months ago I bought my first Strat, and I must say it sounds equally good through the TH100, even though it's sonically very different from the Tele. It actually sounds so good, that I've played the Strat exclusively since I got it. It just suits my playing style so well and it gives me all the tones I need, especially since I put BB Preamp clone in the signal chain. That thing... Wow! It made me start using my volume knob and it's just changed my whole sound. I'm so inspired these days!

My signal chain these days is my Strat into a Soul Food fat boosting, into a T-Rex Møller doing mild overdrive/sparkle, into the BB preamp clone, into the TH100. Inspiration!

Sorry, I'm gushing. Hold on, let me clean that up! :lol:
Gear: Orange Rocker 30 head, Orange TH100 head, Orange PPC212OB cab, pedals galore, Fender MIJ 52 RI Tele w. BKP Blackguard Flat '52s, Fender MIA Standard Strat w. Fender CS Fat '50s, ESP LTD MH-1000 w. BKP (AlNiCo) Nailbomb/VHII.