Rockerverb 50 MK I FX Loop / Speaker Out Questions

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Lumberjack

Rockerverb 50 MK I FX Loop / Speaker Out Questions

Post by Lumberjack » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:41 pm

I've recently bought a Orange Rockerverb 50 MK I combo version with 2x12 Celestion Vintage 30s and I'm not sure how I can use it with my Axe FX II for effects and my Two Notes Torpedo Studio.

I thought about using the fx send from the combo to the Axe FX II input and then straight into the PC, without using the fx return on the combo, but would I damage something inside the amp when I use it that way? I'm aware that I'm only getting the preamp signal without any power amp interference when I'm using it that way, but that's exactly what I want.

Also, I want to use this combo with the Two Notes Torpedo Studio, which is basically a load box with integrated cab modeling and PC connection. Currently, only the 16 ohm speaker output is used with the Celestion V30 speakers. Can I simultaneously also use one of the 8 ohm speaker outs and connect it to the load box of the Torpedo Studio? Or would I have to disengage the 16 ohm speaker out and only connect this speaker out to the Torpedo without using the combo speakers? The Torpedo has a load box that accepts 4, 8 and 16 ohm impedances.

Just out of curiousity, does the MK II version of the Rockerverb also use Mercury Magnetics transformers?