Road report - Houston Texas and Orange domination

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

merlhagstrom
Orange Hero

Road report - Houston Texas and Orange domination

Post by merlhagstrom » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:19 pm

Several years ago I was playing mostly JCM 9's my last JCM was a JCM Plexi I aslo was playing a Soldano. I never like the 4 holer, and the Soldano was a one tricker. I was at a local music shop decrying both and they said, hey we got one of these amps in, just one but try it. It was a Tiny Terror. Holy lord, the toaster blew my mind. My next gig I carried that little beast into the belly of another beast. The Continental Club in Houston. An epicenter for gear snobs and jcm addicts. I proudly placed it upon a 2x12 Marshall cab and melted their faces. I had so many questions it was nuts. I played that thing at gig after gig for a couple of years, sometimes with a marshall 1960 or my 2x12 - question after question about the toaster. I find myself at the same store but now they have a Thunderverb 50. Who doesnt like the name THUNDEBERB! I plugged in, played it and almost passed out with glee. I took it and one Orange 2x12. World domination was mine. I began blowing minds with that rig and quickly added another 2x12, the hell with the low brow bit, 2 2x12's and my Thunderverb. The questions began again, wtf is that thing, how do you sound so thick, heavy, crunchy, clean and just simply bad ass? Its the head! Slowly I began seeing other dudes here getting Oranges, Dual Terrors, Bass Terrors, Tiny's, AD's, TH's, cabs.. Fast forward to this past weekend. We did two shows back to back nights, and only one dude in one band was playing a JCM. Granted he is a bad ass player but out of 6 bands we played with, all had Oranges include one with a TT 500 watt bass. Now I dont expect a T shirt from Orange but I must say, I think I have done my part in spreading the message of these incredible amps. My set up is the THUNDERVERB with 2 2x12's Orange cabs, a Les Paul Standard with P-90s from SD the Phat Cats. I cant play that well, but I dont play a gig without someone saying dude, your rig is awesome. This weekend I felt like a proud papa! And all of the setups were different - no two alike - AD 50, OR 50, TH 50, Dual Terror, another TH 100, and Rocker - each head reflected the player, I have known most of them or knew something of them and it wasnt like 6 JCM tones all sounding the same, it was totally rad to see and hear. Just thought I'd post this in case there are still some that need convincing that moving to Orange is a great thing. If I want to sound like a JCM, throw a pedal at it ( seems most have to do so anyway with a Marshall :()! Otherwise color yourself, Orange! Rock on my friends.
THUNDERVERBER FOR LIFE

Dign'my new TT Still the best bang --EVER

No Pedals

Former Marshall addict..

http://www.myspace.com/zipperneck" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1239257924" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://soundcloud.com/zipperneck" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

msmith4432
Orange Master

Re: Road report - Houston Texas and Orange domination

Post by msmith4432 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:36 am

Nice story man. An LP with p90s and an orange is a great combo
Mesa boogie Stiletto ace
OR 50 40th anniversary
Orange CS50
Orange 2x12 ppc
Mesa Boogie wide body 1x12
Gibson Les Paul custom black beauty(maple Fretboard)
Gibson Les Paul custom 58 vos
Gibson les Paul custom 57 vos

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:58 am

I don't need convincing, but it's a nice story, enjoy
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:05 am

Changed times from when Oranges were so not 'in' that people were painting them black and / or selling them for absolute peanuts. That was the '80s through early '90s for those who don't remember, and I used mine proudly for years without seeing any other Oranges out there.

Still got the nice comments about my bass sounds though! :D

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:06 pm

I should imagine the Great Leader at Orange HQ is smilling smugly and strocking the persian white cat on his lap whilst reading that weekend gig report....... :twisted:
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:45 pm

Or stroking a brand newly designed Orange amp head, ready for Namm 2015 and then world domination :D
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:31 pm

Ronnie Robinson wrote:Or stroking a brand newly designed Orange amp head, ready for Namm 2015 and then world domination :D
This is probably the case. The Thunderverbolo 300 will be the greatest amp ever conceived by man.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:59 pm

Randy Bass wrote:
Ronnie Robinson wrote:Or stroking a brand newly designed Orange amp head, ready for Namm 2015 and then world domination :D
This is probably the case. The Thunderverbolo 300 will be the greatest amp ever conceived by man.

And it will be tolexed in genuine persian cat fur. Otherwise the Great Leader at Orange HQ would just look plain silly stroking that head on his lap.

Thunderverbolo. I can only shiver thinking of all the Doom metal riffage with heavy use of Tremolo. That coud be come a new style, the surf metal, or trem doom. Who knows...... :shock:
Ant

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Bensnake
Orange Master

Post by Bensnake » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:46 pm

Randy Bass wrote:The Thunderverbolo 300 will be the greatest amp ever conceived by man.
It'll probably be considered as the Orange flagship amp.
RV100 MKIII | '75 OR120 | OR100 | OR50 | CS50 | R30H | TT
2 x PPC412
Bax B. | Amp D.

Marshall 1959 HW + 1936V
Fender '65 Super Reverb Reissue
Vox AC30C2X + V212C

Playing Les Pauls and Teles...

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:54 pm

Les Paul Lover wrote:
Randy Bass wrote:

And it will be tolexed in genuine persian cat fur. Otherwise the Great Leader at Orange HQ would just look plain silly stroking that head on his lap.
Very true......although they may be use to stroking a head on their lap ........

Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,

everdrone
Orange Expert

Post by everdrone » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:37 pm

all hailz flagship Thunderverbolo 300 !!!
My solo downtuned HEAVY rock project: https://soundcloud.com/earthalliance

Guitarist and Bassist in Fort Worth, TEXAS

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:27 pm

everdrone wrote:all hailz flagship Thunderverbolo 300 !!!

Finally a god we can all believe in!!!! Yay!!!!! :lol:
Ant

everdrone
Orange Expert

Post by everdrone » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:34 pm

Les Paul Lover wrote:

Yes! I dig my Orange thunderverb 50 and 212 orange cab, but finally THERE IS A GOD!!! :mrgreen:

My solo downtuned HEAVY rock project: https://soundcloud.com/earthalliance

Guitarist and Bassist in Fort Worth, TEXAS

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:39 pm

Ronnie Robinson wrote:
Very true......although they may be use to stroking a head on their lap ........

Yes. I can imagine most Great Leaders planning world domination may well have a desk skull that they occasionally put on their lap and stroke.

For a moment Ronnie, i thought you might have implied that the Great Leader at Orange HQ might be a dirty bastard of sorts abusing his superior sonic powers for his own perverted ends. I must say I recoiled in horror a little bit, before realising it was obviously all about an innocent reference to one of his desk ornament. Phew. That could have proved a sticky situaton!!!!
Ant

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:35 pm

everdrone wrote:
Les Paul Lover wrote:

Yes! I dig my Orange thunderverb 50 and 212 orange cab, but finally THERE IS A GOD!!! :mrgreen:

See, that's where religions keep failing.

I thought I'd proposed a perfectly good god, and you already come up with a counter god. Mmh.
Ant