LPB-1

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Doctor Volume
Tiny Terror

LPB-1

Post by Doctor Volume » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:03 am

I've been using this with my TH100... any love?

I dig it. I hear it's like the MXR MicroAmp. Never played that, but I enjoy the simple control. I think I may prefer it over my Keeley modded Boss SD-1.
Can I raise a practical question at this point? Are we gonna do "Stonehenge" tomorrow?

n00b334
Tiny Terror

Re: LPB-1

Post by n00b334 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:40 am

Have you tried cascading the LPB into the SD-1? You might like trying that too
Gibson SG and Fender Stratocaster
Orange OR50H

saturnine
Rocker

Post by saturnine » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:15 am

I really like that little pedal, too :)

I actually have two - one at home for boosting my amps, Micro Terror + ppc112 and Ibanez TS15H + ppc112. It really does a great job in making the Micro Terror sound a lot fatter. At rehearsal I have one on my main board, in the effects loop of my RV50 MK I, and it helps me with the infamous treble loss of that amp's loop.

My only dislike with the pedal is that it's boosting the whole register BUT if feels like it's boosting the bass and treble a bit more. So, if your're using it to boost an mid-saturated setup, you might actually hear a little loss in mid. Maybe I'm the only one that have noticed this, but I really don't see it as a problem as I have other pedals that work great for mid-boosting :)

/J
Orange RV50 MK I Head
Orange PPC412
Orange PPC112 x2
Orange Micro Terror
Ibanez TSA15H
2x Gibson SG Standard
Peter Naglitsch Custom
Fender Tele ´72 Roadworn
Fender Tele FSR Custom
Squier Tele Classic Vibe
Jackson ATX
Jackson TH-2
Hagström Viking
Pedals...

JAC

Post by JAC » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:26 am

I like using it with a 2007 Fender Deluxe Strat with SCN pups, with the S-1 engaged using the middle and bridge pups. I play it through an Epiphone Valve Junior head through a 12" Celestion. I love the nice dark warm crunch I get with it like this! It is not muddy either. I'm a big EH fan since the late 70s. The first effect I ever purchased was a Muff Fuzz.