Finally Found It!!!!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

burnscs
Tiny Terror

Finally Found It!!!!

Post by burnscs » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:24 pm

I have been searching for the right pedal to push my OR80 at reasonable levels. I have been using my OCD, but it doesn't get me dirty enough for my young loud musical tastes. I went through a Swollen Pickle, Box of Rock, Pro Co Rat, and EHX Soulfood with no success. I like it to sound like a fuzz and heavy overdrive had a red headed daughter who resembles Christina Hendricks but sounds like a modern Hendrix.

Then I stumbled onto an old 7 band DOD eq new in box that I picked up on trade yeaaaars ago. All I did with it was set it up with a mid scoop on it and put it infront of my OCD with a little more volume, and wow. It changed everything. With playing with the FAC at recordable volumes you can make it go from a cranked plexi, to a 5150 scooped, but with the mid scoop it sounds like 40%Rockerverb 60% OR120 without the need for ear plugs.

I know others have had this same problem with OR 80's being so loud, maybe give this a try!!! Now I have extra cash for the Hotone Wally Looper.
1970's OR80R Combo
AD30R
AD30HTC
Tiny Terror
212PPCOB
PPC412
OR412

1967 Gibson SG Junior
Fender J Mascis Signature Jazzmaster

Boy_Narf
Orange Master

Re: Finally Found It!!!!

Post by Boy_Narf » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:28 pm

I've been considering an EQ pedal for a while now. My problem with od/dirt boxes is that they all add their own "flavor" to an amp. I'm assuming an EQ peal would be quite transparent until you start cutting/boosting frequencies. I was actually considering the source audio programmable EQ. Having four banks would be very useful. Must more usable than an OD pedal... IMO anyway.

burnscs
Tiny Terror

Post by burnscs » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:34 pm

Yeah I had the same fears, especially with DOD not being exactly a boutique company. I was very very very impressed to say the least
1970's OR80R Combo
AD30R
AD30HTC
Tiny Terror
212PPCOB
PPC412
OR412

1967 Gibson SG Junior
Fender J Mascis Signature Jazzmaster

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:47 pm

Mentioned this in my boss topic, but my Boss GE-7 is pretty awesome with the Monte Allums mod. I didn't do the plus kit he offers and I don't think it's necessary, snake oil for that. But with all the sliders at 0 you can't hear anything effecting the tone. Stock, when a slider is moved a hiss develops, but this mod takes care of all that, the only difference you'll hear are the normal white noise frequencies being cut or boosted with whatever frequency slider you move.